Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Because I like you all, foolproof card-related investment advice

detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Please don't share beyond this group, but . . .

Invest HEAVILY in the rookie cards of the player that is drafted #3 overall this evening.

You're welcome.

Comments

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so out of it that I had to google which draft was happening tonight.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of watching the draft, buy some I-bonds before the end of the month. Time well spent.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

No skill position projected in the top 5

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I don't know that Detroit always picks the wrong player. Years ago my Packers picked Mandarich so the Lions got the consolation prize of Barry Sanders :(

• Options

@jimq said:
    I don't know that Detroit always picks the wrong player. Years ago my Packers picked Mandarich so the Lions got the consolation prize of Barry Sanders :(

The same Barry Sanders that your Packers held to -1 yards rushing in the 1994 playoff game at Green Bay :-).

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2022 6:47AM

@NGS428 said:
    Instead of watching the draft, buy some I-bonds before the end of the month. Time well spent.

I did the max myself earlier this week. I do wish the total permitted investment per year was much higher number.

IMHO the draft buy is akin to gambling but history show that you have better odds long term with the house % in blackjack and craps.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@NGS428 said:

I did the max myself earlier this week. I do wish the total permitted investment per year was much higher number.

IMHO the draft buy is akin to gambling but history show that you have better odds long term with the house % in blackjack and craps.

Plus free drinks!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:

@jimq said:

The same Barry Sanders that your Packers held to -1 yards rushing in the 1994 playoff game at Green Bay :-).

That sounds ungrateful. With fans like that I see why he retired early. :'(

Dude was a stud!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Cakes said:

@detroitfan2 said:

@jimq said:

Dude was a stud!

Oh believe me, we all love Barry. Just pointing out that Packer fans don't really have an argument when it comes to "bad luck".

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez, what advice would you have given us if you didn't like us? :D:D

• Options
    edited April 28, 2022 10:11AM

@nam812 said:
    Jeez, what advice would you have given us if you didn't like us? :D:D

Are you doubting this advice Nick? The NFL HOF class of 2042 will be unveiled today. It will be picks #1, 3-8, and 33.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:

@Cakes said:

@detroitfan2 said:

@jimq said:

Dude was a stud!

Oh believe me, we all love Barry. Just pointing out that Packer fans don't really have an argument when it comes to "bad luck".

Ah my bad. I agree about Packers. Don't worry Jordan Love is on the way.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Buy high end PSA 7 Aaron and Mays in the 1970's.