Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Post your....mismatched serials!

Tough CA Nationals &
Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals

Comments

• Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Love when its the 2nd or third digit in.

Tough CA Nationals &

braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does this happen?

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

@Ted 1 said:

What a note! Very nice. I have been bidding on some lately but no joy 😢

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another one. This time it’s an SC Ace.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

My understanding is that the operator sets the first three numbers and the machines set the next 5 numbers (like an odometer counting down from 99999.
    bob :)
    Somebody is asleep at the wheel on these, perhaps the night shift?

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Nice examples. I love that $10 star, a super error to have!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

It pays to keep an open eye 🙂

• Dont have one but there is this one on ebay that is pretty cool from Iraq with Saddam..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185321136761!

• Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2022 2:26PM

The $1 is a new addition. I haven't seen another mismatch from that particular block.

Tough CA Nationals &

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pair @Ted 1. I’m always a little more impressed by the well worn, circulated notes that no one noticed while they changed hands. Thanks for sharing.

• I looked at a mismatched note on Ebay that was "76445889" on the left. It was "76445929" on the right. Th seller called it a three (3) digit mismatch. I asked him why, but he did not know. Anyone know about this nomenclature?

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

@Lostintranslation There are two schools of thought and one pertains to your question. The first is that some collectors consider each digit independently. In this case only two of the numbers differ, the last digit 9 is the same and these collectors consider this to be a two digit mismatch. The second school of thought treats the serial number in its entirety. Therefore the last three digits are different numbers 889 to 929. Basically the hundreds column of the serial number differs.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Thanks. That makes sense. I like the first school though!!! AC

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

I am in the first school as well.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Here is my five digit mismatch that I bought from my friend's estate. It has a lot of sentimental value.

• That is one heck of a note. I have a four digit, but good grief a five digit mismatch is wild. Want to tell us how much you paid?

• luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

@l33tredrocket said:
    Here is my five digit mismatch that I bought from my friend's estate. It has a lot of sentimental value.

Awesome note.