Home Sports Talk
Options

Gunshots at kids baseball game

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I’m a huge gun guy but have ZERO patience for gun violence.

Those gun shots could have been pretty far away though, 2.23 or 5.56 rounds through an AR 15 is loud and the sound can travel and make it sound closer than it is however the stray bullets can travel extremely far and be extremely deadly. Thankfully nobody there was hurt

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe in the right to bear arms, we live in a world where people have to defend themselves against evil people, protect themselves and their families, home invasions, etc. But like perkdog said, I have zero tolerance for irresponsible use of guns. I don't know what happened in the video, but it sure did terrify those kids.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Wow, I’m a huge gun guy but have ZERO patience for gun violence.

Those gun shots could have been pretty far away though, 2.23 or 5.56 rounds through an AR 15 is loud and the sound can travel and make it sound closer than it is however the stray bullets can travel extremely far and be extremely deadly. Thankfully nobody there was hurt

i googled the name of the town, apparently there were some people shot a few hours later. and the league has talked about not playing games there anymore.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I believe in the right to bear arms, we live in a world where people have to defend themselves against evil people, protect themselves and their families, home invasions, etc. But like perkdog said, I have zero tolerance for irresponsible use of guns. I don't know what happened in the video, but it sure did terrify those kids.

i agree with everything you said here.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2022 8:18AM

Content edited for stupidity. 😒

• Options
    edited April 27, 2022 9:29AM

❤️🙏🇺🇸

• Options

I agree with you thisistheshow. I thought about it after I made my post....hasty judgement on my part. You may very well be correct......I hope you are......either way, my post was dumb....Wish I could take it back.

• Options
    edited April 27, 2022 9:31AM

You can. First, I'll do my part. ❤️🙏🇺🇸

@hydrant how's the new rugrat?

• Options

Mother and daughter both doing fine.....thanks for asking.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2022 9:45AM

A police report released Tuesday states witnesses told responding officers that a “large group” of teenagers pulled into the parking lot and began fistfighting. Witnesses then told officers the teenagers began shooting at each other before they fled in their vehicles where it appeared shots were fired from one vehicle towards another, the report states.

Why does it seem all teenagers now have guns?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.