Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mint Sellout Again - Innovation Vermont Coins

Vermont Dollars were sold out in 15 minutes today?
What is going on? I collect them but have not seen this demand before.

Comments

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 393 ✭✭✭

The Rhode Island was supposedly sold out a couple of months ago just as fast. About 10 days later around 2000 rolls of P & D dollars showed up and around 600-700 bags of each. They are all still available except the D rolls. I expect the same to happen here.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be that the mint is making only an initial quantity (or more likely packaging only an initial:" quantity).

The tendency of the media to misinterpret unavailable as sold out also can't hurt ("Vermont Dollars sells out in 15 minutes")

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

I have missed out on a couple of the recent AI releases because of this. Maybe not 15 minutes, but used to be able to be casual (weeks-months) and still be okay. Not so since covid.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I just mention how happy I was ,after collecting all the AI proofs and the reverse proofs ( individually) and the last year change to the multi coin holders for RP’s Not sure why that bothers me 🤨🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Since snowboarding is basically one of the biggest things in my life, I bought a ridiculous amount of this coin through subscription. If you need any let me know.

• Options

These subscriptions arrived today

I'm excited to go through them tomorrow and will see if I can get better pictures

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2022 4:52AM

I long for the days of the 1960s where the only thing available was an annual mint set and an annual proof set in pliofilm packaging where cameos aren't guaranteed. Too many products and too many shenanigans with the US Mint.

• Options
    edited April 29, 2022 2:26PM

So I have collected only the proof and reverse proof of this series, this is my first purchase of the uncirculated. I went through these coins for hours today, several bags and rolls and here we're some observations regarding the Vermont coin.

Denver coins appear to be off higher quality, something I've seen over the last couple years, they appear more PL, also the edge lettering on the Denver coins was clear and readable, the Philadelphia coins.

I never really cared or paid attention to position on these coins. I didn't group every coin, but I did got a couple rolls and found POS A and POS B we're exactly a 50/50 split in my sample.

I don't think there is a reason for this but I did find of the entire batch I went through, I set aside the nicer examples with less bag marks and found that POS B had higher quality obverse examples at a rate of 2:1 over POS A examples. I found this to be consistent from both Mints.

I assumed I would find more examples of nice coins in rolls rather than bags, but was surprised to find more high quality examples in the bags (proportionally) than the rolls. I'm sure over time however the bags would get more marks on the coins.

I didn't find any errors or oddities with exception of one coin which might be strikethrough or could just be damage, I haven't seen enough strikethrough coins to know for sure. Here are some pictures of the Vermont coins. I only have a cell phone camera, but tried to get some decent pictures.

Here is a picture of the coin that I couldn't tell if it was a strike through or damage, this is the best picture I could get. It does not look like the other marks I saw on several hundred other examples. The mark is right under the glove.

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndeagles said:
    Since snowboarding is basically one of the biggest things in my life....

So who is the girl with the pigtails?
    Kelly Clark?

I missed the release but I'm signed up for the next batch.
    Super cool design...I like it.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the Gov't would finally get rid of the $1 bill so these cool coins would circulate.

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, strike through error

• Options

@ReadyFireAim said:

@ndeagles said:
    Since snowboarding is basically one of the biggest things in my life....

So who is the girl with the pigtails?
    Kelly Clark?

I missed the release but I'm signed up for the next batch.
    Super cool design...I like it.

The mint just says a young girl, I don't think there is a specific person this is supposed to be. Kelly's career began with Burton in VT but she is from RI. Hannah Teeter was from Vermont and she was also on the Burton Team, her brothers were also pro snowboarders from Vermont and are coaches on the Olympic team today. That said this girl doesn't appear to represent either of them. I actually have Kelly Clarks autograph with the rest of the Burton Team from that era including Shawn White.

Send me a message if you want a few of these coins. I went through a ton and have plenty of extra not flipping will sell at cost plus shipping.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Bags and rolls were up and may still be this morning.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint made them look like a hot item and then loads them back up.....again.

Same on the next issue.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2022 5:43AM

But they do say limited product of 7200? Or so?
    I see the mint now has more specific product limits. The roll sets say 7020, the bag production is 2790.

• Options

@spotthedog said:
    Bags and rolls were up and may still be this morning.

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed a P mint roll I had missed.

• Options

These AI dollar coins have been popular, I missed a couple in 2020/2021 thinking there would be plenty of time. With the current product limits putting these at around 450,000 they are in line with the new S quarters. Also with these you can get a single roll unlike the S mints.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 393 ✭✭✭

Lets take the D bags for example. The day these came for sale there were 50-100 bags available and then gone. The mint comes out with their sales report and they are all sold and then 3 days later 1950 of the 2790 mintage limit are available. Can someone explain what is happening here. You can read my April 26th post on this thread and this is what I predicted basically.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I receive mine on the auto-ship subscription, so never have to worry about stock or sell-outs. I pull out the best coin from each bag for my album, and spend the rest. People seem to like them, overall.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file