Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Late state Die Cap Penny 1995 D EXCELLENT CONDITION

Catelizabeth81Catelizabeth81 Posts: 4
edited April 25, 2022 10:21AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Recently acquired this. Looking to sell to right buyer.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/ErrorCoin/permalink/5231031656963862/

Back side is in comments.

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suggest you post pics of both sides of your cent. And the third side, the edge. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

The back side photo was in the comments under the 1st photo. The only one I didn't have was the side view.

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Suggest you post pics of both sides of your cent. And the third side, the edge. Good luck. Peace Roy

The back side photo was in the comments under the 1st photo. The only one I didn't have was the side view.

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post pictures of BOTH sides of the coin.

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

It is struck through a capped die, not a capped die.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Struck thru a die cap, possibly a late state counterbrockage. In any case, an awesome find.

(on nomenclature: I use "die cap" for the coin that adheres to a die, which can than strike a new blank. I suppose "capped die" would refer to the die itself, and "capped die strike" would refer to a coin which had been struck by a die cap. It could be uniface, a brockage, a counterbrockage, may have the capped die's design start to bleed thru the cap, or something even weirder.)

--

Ed. S.

(EJS)