Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New listing system for ebay

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay seems to have changed its listing system from what it had been, we had emails from them telling us this was coming. I also noticed that paypal changed its system as I was trying to ship an item they also "rearranged the furniture". Reminds me of a cruel joke I heard once about how did the blind kid's parents punish them? I assume there is no way to opt out of this?

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    Ebay seems to have changed its listing system from what it had been, we had emails from them telling us this was coming. I also noticed that paypal changed its system as I was trying to ship an item they also "rearranged the furniture". Reminds me of a cruel joke I heard once about how did the blind kid's parents punish them? I assume there is no way to opt out of this?

sometimes there is a "use classic/previous version" button/option somewhere but ultimately anything previous will be gone.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that yesterday, I hate when they change stuff after getting used to it, but after using it the past two days, gotten more at ease on how it works, seems to be okay once you get familar

• Options

@jdimmick said:
    I noticed that yesterday, I hate when they change stuff after getting used to it, but after using it the past two days, gotten more at ease on how it works, seems to be okay once you get familar

No auto adjust button; I guess if you know how to work the other controls you can get to the same result but I don't.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been selling actively for a few months and have not seen any material changes. What has changed?

Vplite99
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vplite99
    I am in the same boat. I have been selling this whole year and haven't noticed a major change. Maybe something changed that I didn't use to begin with. What has changed exactly?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an entirely new listing page format. I'm pleasantly surprised that it is actually a bit quicker than the previous version for the way that I create listings. The category prompt is the only thing that could be improved (for me) as the eBay "guess" at the category I want to list in is often in error which means clicking through Coins>Exonumia>sub-category.

The cruel joke in the "improvements" is the circular crop tool that is now provided on the listing page. It is not quite up to the task at hand.

• Options

I'm wondering why they changed it--a career building move by a new employee? I don't know anyone who was complaining about their listing format which seemed to work fairly well though it was a little clunky. The new format requires a picture first and then the other aspects need to be entered. One good thing I noticed is that they have a section to enter videos, some people wanting better pictures would probably be happy with a short video.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2022 2:21PM

I was going to list some stuff today but was on the phone too long and making a yummy pot of bean soup! (Licks chops)
    Just waiting for the potatoes!

Ya'll got me curious! How many here remember the good ole days when the back button was your buddy and would save a lot of time?

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big improvement: The new ebay system allows one video for each listing. And it's as easy as loading a photo.

But it takes about 2 days before the video is live. Hopefully that delay will eventually be eliminated for issue-free regular users. (I haven't made a new listing in over a week, so maybe the 2-day delay is already eliminated.)

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t listed a coin directly to eBay in about a year. I use my websites listings maker and it uploads to eBay. I did have to resync my website last week but haven’t listed anything new since.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file