Home Sports Talk
Options

Terrell Owens and Johnny Manziel in FCF

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you haven't heard, Johnny Manziel and Terrell Owens are on the same team in the FCF league. It's crazy, TO is 48 years old and can still get it done.

Comments

• Options

Johnny Manziel obviously still has the talent as well.

• Options
    edited April 24, 2022 5:42AM

Here's a video of them planning their attack before the play happened.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's all Manziel ever was. Talent. That's why he is where he is today, playing in this league. Never put in the work. Didn't have to until it was too late.

Owens, on the other hand, had both the talent and the work ethic. But unfortunately for him he lost all of the money, and that is why he is where he is today, playing in this league.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    That's all Manziel ever was. Talent. That's why he is where he is today, playing in this league. Never put in the work. Didn't have to until it was too late.

Owens, on the other hand, had both the talent and the work ethic. But unfortunately for him he lost all of the money, and that is why he is where he is today, playing in this league.

Tread lightly my friend, we have to be very careful about how we talk about Johnny Manziel, you know Terrell Owens is very emotional.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

T.O.s conditioning is amazing. he doesnt look a bit different than he did 12 years ago.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    T.O.s conditioning is amazing. he doesnt look a bit different than he did 12 years ago.

He was always in great shape. A lot of these guys are, but he took conditioning to another level. He was always dedicated to his play. Great player. I think he is the best I ever saw in my lifetime. I know all about his drama, etc. I also know that he accomplished a lot, especially considering his upbringing which was very tough. He had issues to deal with. We all do, I know. I think it is sad to see how he lost all of his money and he has put himself into such a desperate situation. It's sad because he has children, etc. These guys have all the opportunities. I'm not trying to far er sympathy for him. Just stating my opinion. Pro athletes are not meant to be heroes. But they are in the spotlight and we can look at their stories and learn from them at times. It's good to appreciate what you have, family, friends, job, etc, and make the most of it. I'm a bit off track here, sorry. Anyway...

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is interesting. I had no idea he had lost his money. It is really amazing many pro athletes can still manage to live above their means when they are making 8 and 9 figure salaries.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    that is interesting. I had no idea he had lost his money. It is really amazing many pro athletes can still manage to live above their means when they are making 8 and 9 figure salaries.

I can't say that I am an expert on TO's personal life. Much of what I know about it was learned from listening to Dallas sports radio during and in the aftermath of his tenure as a Cowboy. I might be wrong on some of these details. IIRC, at some point in his life, maybe as a young teen, he found out who his Dad was. TO had a neighbor, that he knew and who had been living there. Then he found out it was his Dad. I think there was a lot to the story. But it was apparently complicated and traumatic for him as far as I know. He was always very into his fitness, as you said @craig44. I don't think he even drank. Some might remember an incident he had in Dallas that initially was reported as a suicide attempt. As far as I know, that's what it was. I don't recall how many children he has and with how many women, but I know that he has significant issues financially.

• Options
    edited April 25, 2022 6:58AM

@craig44 said:

In all honesty, a lot of people live above their means. Often when they are very young, sometimes for a long time. And thy get into significant trouble. For some of these athletes, it is just multiplied and magnified.

Edited to add: they often feel and succumb to the pressure to keep up with everyone else. We all have seen it in our everyday lives around us happen to people. And if you have no financial literacy, and not much family support, it can be hard to go the right way.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrell Owens Terrell Owens was a three-sport athlete at the University of Chattanooga before becoming an NFL wide receiver. Owens and the Mocs lost to No.2 seed UConn in the first round of the 1995 NCAA Tournament.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

I just saw this video. I don't watch a lot of these types of shows, but it seems relevant to the thread at hand and may be interesting to some so I thought I would share it. It's an interview with TO about five years ago.
    https://youtu.be/NALUTr_s-0M

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

They both were great athletes but something in their daily life seemed to be preventing them from being the athlete that they really could have been. They both were fun to watch when they had their head in the game.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    They both were great athletes but something in their daily life seemed to be preventing them from being the athlete that they really could have been. They both were fun to watch when they had their head in the game.

Manziel, yes, but TO is one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game and is already in Canton. He was everything guys dream of being.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.