Home Sports Talk
Options

CHALLENGE! Double Dragon, please describe and explain what is happening and what we can expect next?

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed tonight's fight, but this post-fight interview spawned this thread idea. What type of fight are they talking about? Can you use this thread to lay out the possible future of international pugilism?

https://youtu.be/b4F0YBnVdno

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

First off, I'm Sorry for the late reply, you know I go to bed at 4 p.m.

• Options
    edited April 24, 2022 3:16AM

To be honest, I don't like Tyson Fury, he runs his mouth too much, talks too much trash, and is arrogant and cocky. I find it funny that Tyson Fury says it was smart of the referee to stop the fight after that upper cut, to save Dillian Whyte from being permanently disabled, because Fury certainly wasn't asking to referee to save him when Otto Wallin caught him with a shot that opened up one of the nastiest cuts I've ever seen. Otto Wallin should have won that fight against Tyson Fury on a TKO stoppage due to cuts, but boxing couldn't let that happen because it needed Tyson Fury to stay unbeaten so there would be a big payday showdown between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder. I guarantee you this, if Otto Wallin would have been the one with that nasty cut, that fight would have been stopped. Just look at the cut, and he wants to talk about being saved from permanent damage?

• Options

Boxing is a corrupt and broken sport, it screwed Otto Wallin out of a TKO win against Fury because it needed the Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight to happen.

• Options

So why wasn't the fight against Otto Wallin stopped, because Fury was the A-side — by a lot. Because Fury’s rematch with Deontay Wilder, a big money fight, was on the line. Because ESPN and Top Rank have put a lot of money into Tyson Fury, and no cut was going to be the reason he was upset by the largely unknown Swede.

• Options

I used to like Tyson Fury, but he just runs his mouth non-stop, disrespects the heck out of his opponents, calling them bums, and useless, and attacking people on social media. If he had more class and showed more respect to his opponents then it would be different. Then after he wins, he starts trying to be nice, nope. I'll never be a Tyson Fury fan.

• Options
    edited April 24, 2022 3:38AM

I was never a fan of Muhammad Ali either, just constantly ran his mouth, did all kinds of crap just to try to get into peoples heads, I've never cared for that. Just let your boxing speak for itself, there's no need for personal insults.

• Options

And now we got guys like Jake and Logan Paul getting into the fight game, a bunch of young punks who care about nothing but money, turning the sport into a circus side show.

• Options

@doubledragon last night I was reading effusive praise for what he did by having Ngannou there. Meaning like he was trying to get him a big pay day by talking about the two of them fighting in a quasi-mixed boxing MMA match. But then I saw a lot of other people saying that all Fury is really trying to do is duck Usyk (a guy that I had no idea about but I remember you posting a picture of on the forum recently).

Your comments?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon last night I was reading effusive praise for what he did by having Ngannou there. Meaning like he was trying to get him a big pay day by talking about the two of them fighting in a quasi-mixed boxing MMA match. But then I saw a lot of other people saying that all Fury is really trying to do is duck Usyk (a guy that I had no idea about but I remember you posting a picture of on the forum recently).

Your comments?

Oleksandr Usyk is the undefeated heavyweight champion that holds the WBA, WBO, and IBF belts, if Fury and Usyk fight, it will unify all of the belts and crown an undisputed heavyweight king. Oleksandr Usyk is scheduled to fight Anthony Joshua next in a rematch, and if Usyk wins then there will be talk of the Fury vs Usyk match. I don't think Fury is ducking Usyk, I think they will eventually fight if Usyk beats Joshua. Interestingly, Oleksandr Usyk is from Ukraine and the last I heard, he is in Ukraine as we speak, he joined the Ukrainian army and is fighting against the Russians.

• Options

I'm sorry, I stand corrected, Usyk is actually from Crimea, an area that has been fought over by Russians and Ukrainians for years, and Usyk has sided with Ukraine and joined Ukraine's army. And I just checked and Usyk is now heading back to the US to prepare for his fight against Anthony Joshua. If he beats Anthony Joshua, then talk of the Fury vs Usyk fight will probably begin.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Your comments?

Oleksandr Usyk is the undefeated heavyweight champion that holds the WBA, WBO, and IBF belts, if Fury and Usyk fight, it will unify all of the belts and crown an undisputed heavyweight king. Oleksandr Usyk is scheduled to fight Anthony Joshua next in a rematch, and if Usyk wins then there will be talk of the Fury vs Usyk match. I don't think Fury is ducking Usyk, I think they will eventually fight if Usyk beats Joshua. Interestingly, Oleksandr Usyk is from Ukraine and the last I heard, he is in Ukraine as we speak, he joined the Ukrainian army and is fighting against the Russians.

I remember the picture that you posted of him in Ukraine.

If the Fury vs Usyk happens, do you have any predictions?

Do you think Fury is really going to set something up with Ngannou? What would that look like?

• Options

@doubledragon thank you for being at the office on this Sunday morning. 👍👍

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Your comments?

I remember the picture that you posted of him in Ukraine.

If the Fury vs Usyk happens, do you have any predictions?

Do you think Fury is really going to set something up with Ngannou? What would that look like?

I think Tyson Fury will probably beat Usyk, Tyson Fury is really big and that's his advantage, he uses his size, it's hard for anyone to beat him because he's so big. As far as Fury vs Ngannou, I wouldn't be surprised if they do fight, although I'm not sure if it will be in the octagon or in a boxing ring. If it's a boxing match, I think Fury would win, if they fight in a MMA match, I think Ngannou would win, boxing and MMA are two completely different worlds.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon thank you for being at the office on this Sunday morning. 👍👍

You're welcome, I always enjoy talking boxing!