Home Sports Talk
Options

And now its time for a Carlos Santana update

DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

The dude is hitting .063 with a SLG. % of .094 and and OPS+ of -6
So bad his OPS+ isn't a plus at all, its a minus. So an OPS- of 6. Or an OPS- of -6, I'm not really sure.
With the OPS- stat I don't think you have to say -6 so I'm going with OPS- of 6.

What this tells us is that Carlos should just go to the plate with his bat and a cardboard cutout of himself
and cut a hole in the cutout and prop the bat up in the hole. Then Carlos can go back to the dugout
and watch a version of himself that is a better hitter.
I'm fairly confident Cardboard cutout Carlos could manage an OPS+ of at least 0 and achieve OPS neutrality.

Comments

• Options

And this just in............
    Carlos has decided to let an Elvis cardboard cutout bat for him.
    Things are looking better for the Royals! B)

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭

At least Santana was actually good at one time. Leury Garcia has an OPS+ of NEGATIVE 19 and his manager batted him third, and Garcia has NEVER been a good hitter to warrant such consideration.

HIs manager then double downed on his indefensible decision and batted him third the next game too.

He finally came to his sense and moved him out of the three spot.....but then batted him 2nd!

• Options

@1948_Swell_Robinson said:
    At least Santana was actually good at one time. Leury Garcia has an OPS+ of NEGATIVE 19 and his manager batted him third, and Garcia has NEVER been a good hitter to warrant such consideration.

HIs manager then double downed on his indefensible decision and batted him third the next game too.

He finally came to his sense and moved him out of the three spot.....but then batted him 2nd!

Yes I guess Santana was a good hitter in his youth. The Royals made a bad decision acquiring him
    as he was entering his declining years because the decline was sharp and a little early age wise.
    Once he hit 34-35 it was like he just can't hit anymore. He did hit a dinger yesterday but I'm thinking
    those will be few and far between but who knows maybe that will get him going. Sure hope so.

Looked up Leury's stats. Yeah not too impressive. :o

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what are your Matheny thoughts? I live in St. Louis (but not a cardinal fan, but wifey is) and all the cards fans complained about his stupid moves, especially with pitchers.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    So what are your Matheny thoughts? I live in St. Louis (but not a cardinal fan, but wifey is) and all the cards fans complained about his stupid moves, especially with pitchers.

I guess he's okay not much to work with when the Royals pitching staff is one of the worst in baseball.

• Options

Great news the Royals haven't lost a game the last 3 days.

Off day, rainout, rainout.

Nice to see they've turned it around after a horrendous start. Hopefully they can get a couple
    more rainouts under their belt before the next off day.
    This gives me some hope but I won't be truly impressed unless I see them go 0-0 over a six or seven day stretch.