Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any PBA Bowling fans? What are these four cards worth?

FOUR all time greats.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• Options
    cgfalconecgfalcone Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

I’m not a PBA fan and I don’t know who those people are but those cards are fantastic.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 7:21PM

@cgfalcone said:
    I’m not a PBA fan and I don’t know who those people are but those cards are fantastic.

Thanks. I was a fan in the 70's and 80's when Roth played. He was fun to watch. But I dont follow the sport on TV anymore. I think all four cards might be Rookie cards, but not sure. The Williams and Weber cards are pop 1's with none higher. Cant find any pop number on the other two.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Pretty sure that's Weber's rookie card. Can't speak for the rest. I was looking up some of his cards recently because he signs through the mail. Nice lookin cards

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?! I AM!!!"

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

PBA member here.....have had the opportunity to bowl with 3 of the 4 in tournaments in the last couple years. Norm Duke is pretty much retired as of the last month (although he did leave it open to bowl in select tournaments). Weber and Williams still bowl Senior events. Cant really give a value since not a lot of bowling cards are sent in, but I do collect them myself.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

@mtcards said:
    PBA member here.....have had the opportunity to bowl with 3 of the 4 in tournaments in the last couple years. Norm Duke is pretty much retired as of the last month (although he did leave it open to bowl in select tournaments). Weber and Williams still bowl Senior events. Cant really give a value since not a lot of bowling cards are sent in, but I do collect them myself.

You're a professional bowler?

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Cool cards. I have the Weber and duke signed. If bowling hits an upswing in society these have monster potential, Weber particularly.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing the Weber card got me wondering.....does John Holmes have a rookie card?

• Options

@Ahmanfan said:
    Cool cards. I have the Weber and duke signed. If bowling hits an upswing in society these have monster potential, Weber particularly.

You think the Weber card would be more valuable than Williams? Williams holds the records.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:

@mtcards said:

You're a professional bowler?

Yes, although not full time. I tend to bowl in the regional tournaments, I did have one cash in the only national I bowled in back in 2005. Havent bowled much the last couple years as I have been taking chemotherapy for blood cancer. Finally got into remission about 3 months ago, so am building my strength back to bowl in the PBA50 events more regularly starting with the Senior Masters in Vegas in June.

• Options

Here's a few of my bowling autos/memorabilia cards. I have some more, but I just moved, so a lot of them are packed up.

• Options

Nice Roth auto. I Never followed Pete Weber, but used to enjoy watching his dad bowl on tv. He had alot of fans.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete Weber is a maniac.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

@Ahmanfan said:

You think the Weber card would be more valuable than Williams? Williams holds the records.

Really not sure. Not a historian myself to be able to determine that. Weber is certainly the most famous. I would think that is what will make the difference in the end.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I am a fan of bowling and have collected PBA memorabilia and cards. I don't remember seeing any of these cards graded in the past, however I don't know how many bowling collectors care about graded cards. This set has mostly been used for autographs.

My guess is they are worth maybe $30-$40 each on the Roth/Duke and maybe $50-$60 on Weber/Williams. If they were my cards and I was looking to sell them, I would probably put the Duke and Roth cards out there first at $99 obo and see if I get any interest. You have a very limited group of buyers who may be interested, but it only takes 1 buyer. So I think it's worth trying it at $99obo.

• Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@coolstanley said:

@Ahmanfan said:

Really not sure. Not a historian myself to be able to determine that. Weber is certainly the most famous. I would think that is what will make the difference in the end.

That is interesting that Weber is more famous considering he has never won the 'player of the year' award. While Williams holds the record winning it seven times.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

None hold a candle to the Almighty Malachi.

• Options

I bought that 1990 Kingpins set in its box for $1 at a local show. Did I do well ?

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2022 11:15AM

top: Dick and Pete. bottom: Guppy and Kyle

I like pro bowling which has changed quite a bit. Many bowlers now use a 2 handed style of delivery.

Plus there's some legacies in the making like Dick/Pete Weber and Guppy/Kyle Troup (Kyle's a 2 handed bowler)....

Unfortunately Mark Roth is no longer with us.

Have no idea what those cards are worth? But, they're way too cool.

Thanx for sharing. 👍

Mike