Home Sports Talk
Options

Just who is this Kenny Pickett?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shane Falco's kid

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

Try as he may, Kenny Pickett will never be Gardner Minshew. I still remember when Gardner Minshew walked up in that mug looking like Billy Ray Cyrus!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Gravy @doubledragon this thread is certainly starting off in a visually off-putting manner. IMHO..

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Good Gravy @doubledragon this thread is certainly starting off in a visually off-putting manner. IMHO..

I've been hearing Kenny Pickett's name mentioned a lot lately for some reason, he seems to be the toast of the town, the best thing since sliced bread!

• Options

Try as he may, Kenny Pickett will never be Gardner Ray Minshew!

• Options

Fascinating, it seems as though Kenny Pickett is a very controversial sports figure, his hands are very small and this is very controversial!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 11:39AM

@doubledragon said:
    Fascinating, it seems as though Kenny Pickett is a very controversial sports figure, his hands are very small and this is very controversial!

How big are Cam Newton's hands? Cam Newton has pretty big hands for a 6'5" guy. His handspan measures 9.88 inches, which is around 6.7% wider than average for his height.

The largest measured QB hands in NFL history belong to Jim Druckenmiller, a first-round bust from 1997 who threw more interceptions than touchdowns with his 11.25-inch paws.

Allen and Rodgers both have 10 1/8 inch hands and fall just short of the top spot.

Favre’s hands were measured by the NFL years ago (from thumb tip to pinkie tip) at 10 3⁄8 inches. For comparison’s sake, Tony Romo’s hand was measured at 8.88 inches.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

@doubledragon said:

How big are Cam Newton's hands? Cam Newton has pretty big hands for a 6'5" guy. His handspan measures 9.88 inches, which is around 6.7% wider than average for his height.

The largest measured QB hands in NFL history belong to Jim Druckenmiller, a first-round bust from 1997 who threw more interceptions than touchdowns with his 11.25-inch paws.

Allen and Rodgers both have 10 1/8 inch hands and fall just short of the top spot.

Favre’s hands were measured by the NFL years ago (from thumb tip to pinkie tip) at 10 3⁄8 inches. For comparison’s sake, Tony Romo’s hand was measured at 8.88 inches.

I had to look it up, Cam Newton's hands are 9⅞" 71. You know, there was a time when I was a huge Cam Newton fan, huge! But that all changed on a fateful night in February 2016, when a certain quarterback refused to dive on a.....you'll have to excuse me, I'm not feeling so well.

• Options

I found this fascinating article about one Kenny Pickett and the controversy surrounding his hands.

Kenny Pickett is expected to be one of the first quarterbacks taken in next month’s NFL Draft. Once he is officially on a roster, the former Pitt star will have the smallest hands of any QB in the league.

While many measurements of the Scouting Combine wind up having no correlation with NFL success, Pickett’s hands are unusually small. They measured 8.5 inches on Thursday. Pickett is 6-foot-3, which is why the small hands are even more of a surprise. To give you some perspective, Russell Wilson is 5-foot-11 and has 10.25-inch hands. Kyler Murray is 5-foot-10, and his hands measured 9.5 inches at the Combine.

What does it mean? Pickett’s small hands might be one of the reasons he has struggled with ball security at times. He fumbled 26 times in college. Perhaps that is a coincidence.

Of course, there is hope for Pickett. Joe Burrow, who just led the Cincinnati Bengals to the Super Bowl, had a 9-inch hand measurement at the 2020 Scouting Combine. There were also concerns about the size of his hands, and he had a savage response to everyone who thought it would be an issue. Pickett would be wise to take the same approach.

• Options

I hope you've all enjoyed this thread today in some small way, I leave you with these words of wisdom.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

No wonder Romo fumbled that snap on the extra point. Makes you wonder if that’s the reason Jessica Simpson left him??? Hmmm

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.