Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1984 TOPPS FOOTBALL

not sure how many are aware or care about this, but a walter payton psa 9 sales for the same or than an elway or marino psa 9. i found that interesting.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭

The Payton card is crazy tough.

Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

Its a brutally tough card to get in nice condition. I remember when I got the set as a kid that was maybe the worst looking card I have ever owned. So many of those cards in that set have spotting/missing paint/snow, not sure on the term but mine was ridiculous. It looked like it had giant snowflakes on it. Then maybe other print defects. Probably would be a PSA 4. I found one at a show that was dead centered with just very minor print defects. Got my hopes up and submitted it twice and both times PSA 8. I would think that was the most appealing card in the set in a PSA 10.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Last card on top row of sheet... nightmare centering and surface/cardstock issues.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 9 that I bought raw and graded. I have several more waiting to grade. I agree it's tough, just surprising that two of the top 5 QB's in history rookie cards can't keep up.

Work hard and you will succeed!!