Home Sports Talk

Mike Tyson beats up passenger on airplane

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see him punching the guy in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9qq0FhmCqk

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2022 12:43PM

He was obviously annoying Tyson and Tyson just had enough. I've never understood why people are so obsessed with getting autographs or selfies from celebrities in public. I saw Linda Hamilton back in the 90s at a hotel restaurant in Richmond Virginia and I just left her alone, Sarah Connor, I figured she just wanted to eat her meal in peace like everyone else.

edited April 21, 2022 12:55PM

I'm not saying it was right for Tyson to punch him, but that guy needs to understand that Tyson is crazy and has a short fuse.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    He was obviously annoying Tyson and Tyson just had enough. I've never understood why people are so obsessed with getting autographs or selfies from celebrities in public. I saw Linda Hamilton back in the 90s at a hotel restaurant in Richmond Virginia and I just left her alone, Sarah Connor, I figured she just wanted to eat her meal in peace like everyone else.

Is it possible, DD, that your Terminator/Linda Hamilton fandom is soooooo strong that, if you happen upon her again, you would not leave her alone but instead (in your best Ahnold voice) tell her "I told you I'd be back"? Just askin'.. 🤷

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Is it possible, DD, that your Terminator/Linda Hamilton fandom is soooooo strong that, if you happen upon her again, you would not leave her alone but instead (in your best Ahnold voice) tell her "I told you I'd be back"? Just askin'.. 🤷

If I saw her again, I would leave her alone. Now, Tom Selleck is a different story, I would follow him anywhere he goes, and possibly even harass him!

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

If I saw her again, I would leave her alone. Now, Tom Selleck is a different story, I would follow him anywhere he goes, and possibly even harass him!

I noticed that your little Selleck doll is wearing a button. I zoomed in and googled the words. I've never seen this movie. Don't even remember it. Have you seen it?

https://youtu.be/MFqQ42aiMuo

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

tom selleck ? after his involvment in reverse mortgages is dead to me.

that guy was a loser he deserved to get hit repeatedly . stupid jersey shore wannabee . Plus the guy was a former heavyweight champ if he wanted to kill you with one punch he could have . he probably just bitch slapped him

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well don’t be drunk and start harassing someone, that person might not be trying to deal with your nonsense.

Especially if it’s Mike Tyson 😂😂😂

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's not tom selleck. it's norm macdonald

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

By comparison, C. Rock got off lucky.

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I noticed that your little Selleck doll is wearing a button. I zoomed in and googled the words. I've never seen this movie. Don't even remember it. Have you seen it?

No, I haven't seen it either, I much prefer Tom Selleck in Magnum PI, as well as Blue Bloods. Check out the Tom Selleck morning doll, cup of coffee sold separately!

^^^^

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

No, I haven't seen it either, I much prefer Tom Selleck in Magnum PI, as well as Blue Bloods. Check out the Tom Selleck morning doll, cup of coffee sold separately!

Thats not tom selleck its Maude's husband walter

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least the victim still has his ears.

@bronco2078 said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Thats not tom selleck its Maude's husband walter

🤔

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
    And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord
    Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Looking at the end of the video doesnt that guy look like the sort of person that needs to be beaten to death?

Look at me everyone im going to poke at mike tyson until he kills me.
    How does a child like him even reach adulthood ? Please tell me he hasnt fathered any children

We now know what the guy from bill and ted who isnt famous is up to .

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a lawsuit coming here, and Tyson will be found liable. He should have contacted the flight attendant, and any repeats might then call for the captain, who has the authority to land the plane and get the drunk clown tossed, then the drunk is liable. With video evidence, clearly its battery, gonna cost Mikee some $$$.

Nope jury nullification mike will win

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna be hard to overlook that video. We'll see.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

That guy looked like someone who would get roofied in Vegas then try stealing some celebrity's tiger.

Surprise Surprise

Sources close to Tyson said that the victim — later identified as 36-year-old Melvin George Townsend of Punta Gorda, Florida — was "extremely intoxicated" and "wouldn't stop provoking the boxer in his seat" before the apparent assault.

The Daily Mail has reported that Townsend has served 15- and 20-month sentences over the years for crimes including drug possession, burglary, grand theft, fraud, and more.

Townsend's attorney, Matt Morgan, told TMZ that Tyson never should have put his hands on what he described as an "overly excited fan," and instead ought to have "exercised greater restraint."

It is unknown at the time of this reporting whether Townsend plans to sue the former heavyweight champion.

"[Townsend has] not made a determination on what his next steps will be," a source close to Townsend told TMZ. "He hired counsel due to his physical injuries, the overwhelming nature of this event, and the associated media inquiries."

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

I think Mike Tyson is claiming that the guy actually threw a water bottle at him first.

Maybe the guy was looking for a pay day 🤷

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Maybe the guy was looking for a pay day 🤷

That is exactly what this video looks like from the start.

If you watch the video you have to side with mike . the guy is an idiot

My oh my, this thread sure is attracting a lot of attention, you would think Mike Tyson is a hot chick or something. Guys, try to keep your hormones in check, Mike Tyson isn't that kind of girl!

this thread just took a turn too many. i'm out. permanently

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike let him off easy.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Townsend is obviously a jerk, Mike Tyson is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Welcome to Sports Talk @9menout . Have you been here before?

Tyson Comeback?

Mike Tyson’s interested in boxing Jake Paul
    Paul is 5-0 with four knockouts throughout his pro boxing career.

When asked by podcast host and combat sport fanatic Joe Rogan if he’d be willing to challenge the PPV record alongside Paul, Tyson responded: "Hell yeah, only to break the record."

"Let’s do it Jakey, God, wouldn’t that be cool?," Tyson rhetorically asked via his podcast – Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson.

Tyson last fought in November of 2020 during an exhibition bout with Roy Jones Jr. Despite a lengthy absence from the ring, Tyson displayed his trademark speed and power and maintained his status as one of the sport’s most popular athletes of all-time. The exhibition bout totaled more than 1.5 million pay-per-view buys.

"only to break the record".

I admit that that I watched, and was even eager for, the Jones Jr. match. But I don't feel good about this one.