Home Sports Talk
Options

Deebo Samuel drama

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 21, 2022 2:26AM in Sports Talk

Very interesting situation developing in San Francisco, Deebo Samuel seems to be very disgruntled at the moment, he requested a trade from the 49ers this past week and now he's taking shots at the media on Twitter.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 21, 2022 2:46AM

Deebo Samuel liked a tweet suggesting he looked good in a Cowboys uniform.

• Options

Mustache Jerry Jones likes the tweet about Deebo Samuel in a Cowboys uniform.

• Options

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deebo is watching Hill and Adams sign those massive contracts and wants a piece while the WR market is hot right now, I don’t blame him. He is all that far off talent wise from those guys

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Deebo is watching Hill and Adams sign those massive contracts and wants a piece while the WR market is hot right now, I don’t blame him. He is all that far off talent wise from those guys

Yes, and Cooper Kupp should be getting an extension soon as well. I will keep an eye on this situation as it develops. I hope he ends up in Big D with my boy Mustache Jones!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t be surprised if the Bills don’t find a way to sign him. 2022-23 is Super Bowl victory or bust for Buffalo. Hence the Von Miller signing. Expect more moves for this year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Don’t be surprised if the Bills don’t find a way to sign him. 2022-23 is Super Bowl victory or bust for Buffalo. Hence the Von Miller signing. Expect more moves for this year.

You'll have to go through Mustache Jones first!

• Options
    edited April 21, 2022 12:24PM

This Deebo Samuel story has spun out of control, Adam Schefter said that he thinks Deebo Samuel wants a trade because he wants to be closer to home in South Carolina. Deebo Samuel was listening to Adam Schefter's comments and called him out on social media about it. Deebo is listening, he's always listening.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Do you think that this is just the way the league is trending now? How do you feel about it?

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Do you think that this is just the way the league is trending now? How do you feel about it?

It’s not new for a team to go all out to win. Seldom works. But the Rams won by trading away all their draft choices just last year. Whatever works to produce a Super bowl championship

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

It’s not new for a team to go all out to win. Seldom works. But the Rams won by trading away all their draft choices just last year. Whatever works to produce a Super bowl championship

I know it's not new. And you are right that it seldom works. I guess a better question would be if it is now going to be seen as a successful template? Time will tell.

In a way Tampa Bay was kind of all in as well. Meaning they were just a QB away. The Patriots had sustained success kind of toeing the line between SB or bust and team building, while leaning more towards the team building aspect and never selling out too far. In reality, they really didn't toe the line. But they had Brady. And we see now that a QB like that is the x-factor.

Once a team has their QB, they want to go all in it seems like, more and more. And more and more, once a team feels that they are just a QB away, they will trade the farm for that missing piece.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Is Allen still going to be the Bills best RB this year?

Samuel would be a HUGE signing for them though