Home Sports Talk
Options

The best thing about Boston ...

... is the band named Boston -- certainly not the team named Red Sux ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=584468272517598

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing it in your rear view mirror.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, the jealous ones chime in with their silly little thoughts. Boston is a treasure, always was, always will be.
    I doubt that wherever you live, couldn't hold a candle to the history, charm and the championship sports teams like the Celtics, Bruins, Patriots and Red Sox. If you felt so badly about Boston, why start the thread?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why all of this Boston hate?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2022 12:32PM

@MCMLVTopps said:

Ah, the jealous ones chime in with their silly little thoughts.

It was a JOKE!......I just forgot to add ......the "Silly Little Man.". 😉😉

Lighten Up!

But,.....I will add this in all seriousness...... Do you have any idea what it's like to be a Californian and read all the harsh comments directed our way?.......I didn't think so......Anyway, I just chalk it up to envy.........I know lots LOTS! of people who have moved to California from Mass. and Boston.......but I can't name a single person who has moved from here to there....HUMM? 🤔

IT WAS A JOKE!.....as in.....Lubbock, Texas " In My Rear View Mirror. ".......and I LOVE TEXAS....... Most beautiful women on Planet Earth!

Texas In My Rear View Mirror!...... Ahhh....

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins

That’s a LOT of championships

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please just direct our hate towards North Carolina? Ah yes, redneck summers. 🤔

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

As my Physics professor used to say: "Just tuggin' on your pantyhose, boys." [BTW, I live on the east coast.]

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins

That’s a LOT of championships

Everyone always like to throw the term G.O.A.T. around but the Pro Sports world knows its really this guy...

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    As my Physics professor used to say: "Just tuggin' on your pantyhose, boys." [BTW, I live on the east coast.]

Not the way you write Red Sux. No need to agitate unless you want to be agitated. Drop the pantyhose BS, its too childish.
    Nobody GAS where you live, East Coast or on the moon.

• Options
    edited April 20, 2022 2:54PM

@Hydrant said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

Ah, the jealous ones chime in with their silly little thoughts.

It was a JOKE!......I just forgot to add ......the "Silly Little Man.". 😉😉

Lighten Up!

But,.....I will add this in all seriousness...... Do you have any idea what it's like to be a Californian and read all the harsh comments directed our way?.......I didn't think so......Anyway, I just chalk it up to envy.........I know lots LOTS! of people who have moved to California from Mass. and Boston.......but I can't name a single person who has moved from here to there....HUMM? 🤔

Wow, you know so many people who have moved to California, like LOTS of people. BS on that. Every day the news is full of the crap going on in your state, horrific taxes, crime, homelessness and lets just toss in the LA DA for good measure, not too mention those in power who are running the place into the ground. People are fleeing your state in DROVES AND DROVES. I'm thankful I never had to live there.
    Rear view mirror indeed!!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Hydrant said:

For your edification about the Golden State:

PUBLISHED: March 23, 2022 at 8:45 a.m. | UPDATED: March 23, 2022 at 8:45 a.m.
    By Kenneth P. Miller | Inland Empire Economic Partnership

Have you thought of leaving California?

If so, join the club.

Recent polls by researchers at U.C. Berkeley (2019) and U.C. San Diego (2021) indicate that half of Californians have considered moving out of state.

And millions have already moved.

In 2020 alone, nearly 650,000 people left California for other states — about 210,000 more than moved to California from elsewhere in the U.S. This phenomenon of departures exceeding arrivals isn’t new. Every year since the 1990s, more people have exited California than have moved in from other parts of the country. Between 2007 and 2016, California lost a net 1 million residents to other states — with Texas, Arizona, and Nevada the top destinations.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

The Top States People Moved Away From in 2021

STATE OUTBOUND PERCENTAGE
    New Jersey 71%
    Illinois 67%
    New York 63%
    Connecticut 60%
    California 59%
    Michigan 58%
    Massachusetts 58%
    Louisiana 57%
    Ohio 56%
    Nebraska 56%

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sayheywyo said:

Connecticut 60%

If this is true, why am I having such a hard time finding a place to move to in Hartford's western suburbs?

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@sayheywyo said:

Connecticut 60%

If this is true, why am I having such a hard time finding a place to move to in Hartford's western suburbs?

Because you're doing it all wrong.
    Go buy some UConn gear to wear when you go look at a place and, voila, you're no longer some guy that was part of some State Outbound Percentage elsewhere instead you're just a guy whose finally found his home. ;)
    Name dropping Kemba Walker & Sue Bird while throwing a few curses South Carolina's way should only help. B)

• Options

MCMLVTopps wrote: "Nobody GAS where you live, East Coast or on the moon."

What?! Wake up, MCMLVTopps. Read the thread before you respond. Many of the posts revolve around "location".

• Options

Still waiting to hear a retort from MCMLVTopps. Maybe he's "on the moon". ;-)

• Options

Sports Talk The Turf Wars coming to a forum near you 2022

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is I don’t live there.

April 18th snow on the east coast. That’s the thing I hated most about Buffalo. Spring arrives, ball practice starts. 60 degree days, them bam! 8” of snow late in April.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite all time album

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:
    My favorite all time album

https://youtu.be/4zDR5jmCXOg