Home Sports Talk
Options

OT:Ever Been To A Live Recording Of A TV Talk Show?

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at two. Early 70's Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in NYC before he took show to Calif. Mickey Rooney and Robert Klein the comedian were the guests. David Letterman Show in NYC at the Ed Sullivan Theater. Fortunate to see Clint Eastwood. He was the main guest.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 6:06AM

Yes, back in 1992 I lived in Chicago for about 6 months and went to a Jenny Jones show

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a guest on the Mort Downey Jr. show.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I can't say that I've ever had such wonderful experiences, especially the Jenny Jones show. :o:o Musth've been a slow day at the pub on that one. B)

However, to please my mother, I did take piano lessons as a kid of 12 or so, she liked to sing as I played her favorite tunes, nice memory. So, along comes the recital thing. If you've ever had to endure a piano recital, you can relate to my fear. Of the 3 recitals I participated in, I won 1st place in one, placed 2nd in the other, and got a total brain freeze half way through the third, and went to the end of the song in about a minute. It was painfully obvious to the audience that I choked, B) I was pretty embarrassed, but it all worked out. How I hated those very hot stage lights while wearing my tweed suit. That was kinda the end of my Liberace experience.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Well, I can't say that I've ever had such wonderful experiences, especially the Jenny Jones show. :o:o Musth've been a slow day at the pub on that one. B)

It was my girlfriends idea, we just started dating so Ofcourse I was on board 😂😂😂

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

It was my girlfriends idea, we just started dating so Ofcourse I was on board 😂😂😂

Ahhhhh, the things we do for our ladies. I kinda figured there was an angle, I can't see you volunteering to go see the JJ show solo. Maybe DD. B)B)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:

@Alfonz24 said:

Do tell.....

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

@perkdog said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

Ahhhhh, the things we do for our ladies. I kinda figured there was an angle, I can't see you volunteering to go see the JJ show solo. Maybe DD. B)B)

No sir, I was a Jerry Springer man, Kung-Fu Hillbilly was my favorite guest!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@Alfonz24 said:

@Alfonz24 said:

Do tell.....

just kidding. I watched a documentary on him last month.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.