Home Sports Talk
Options

MUM is the word on the 2022 baseball season

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭

No one is excited about it yet I guess or is everyone just waiting to jump on the bandwagon when one team takes off ?

Go Red Sox!

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been following Golf and Nascar. Will most likely catch a game on TV if have the time. Or on radio while busy with house projects. Not following any specific team anymore.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 12:24PM

Less than 10 games in when you posted, can't expect much.

Well, I had a weak moment and got the baseball package via Prime TV, Best part is NO commercials, the just go to a kinda dead screen that simply says "commercial in progress", then the game comes back on. Kinda like having an automatic mute.

Red Sox look ok, at .500 ball. I still think Bogaerts is gone, money talks and he wants his barrel full. I think the season as far as the AL East is concerned is between the Red Sox and Bluejays. Yankees will be a distant 4th when the dust settles. The Orioles, who are the perennial door mat will not be contenders again. Jury is still out on the Rays IMO, but they could be the sleeper. Every game is important as far as reaching the playoffs, playoffs are who lucks out in the short series.

Mike Chavis now with Pittsburgh had a good day yesterday.

Enjoyed watching the marathon and the local scenery again.

• Options

I just start watching the game an hour or so after it starts and then just fast forward it during commercials. Bogaerts probably will be gone after this season but this is the way of baseball these days and all the teams have to live with it. They already have his replacement at shortstop. There are more players that won't be there next year too

• Options

Great game last night between Boston and Toronto., I hope everybody got to watch it.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta be excited for this:

• Options

Already had 2 homeruns in the game. His team trailing by a run late in the game, with a man on second base, any hit would tie it, and of course a chance for his first career 3 homer game...and the most predictable thing happened...a called strike 3! 😆

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    Already had 2 homeruns in the game. His team trailing by a run late in the game, with a man on second base, any hit would tie it, and of course a chance for his first career 3 homer game...and the most predictable thing happened...a called strike 3! 😆

I think it will eventually happen, meaning the three homer game. As for the called third strike, do you think that's just a one-off or is it something that happens to him a lot.

askin for a friend

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@countdouglas said:

I think it will eventually happen, meaning the three homer game. As for the called third strike, do you think that's just a one-off or is it something that happens to him a lot.

askin for a friend

I've already forgotten if Saturday night was his 21st or 22nd multi-homer game, but it broke a tie for the team record with Vlad Sr. and Salmon, so he's already had plenty of opportunities. I've mentioned many times that I don't believe he will ever have 3 in one game because you are required to swing in order to hit a homerun, and for whatever reason, he freezes up in the big moments/pressure situations, and can't pull the trigger. The called strike 3 in that at bat was foreseeable from a mile away.

I have been mentioning his propensity to get rung up on called strike 3s late in the game/clutch situations for many years now, to much derision. After one such "called shot" by me on these boards, before a tough stretch of important division games with Houston and interleague games against the Dodgers and Giants, he proceeded to get rung up 11 times in 13 games. Not just 11 strikeouts, mind you, but 11 called third strikes in those 13 games. I believe the team's record was 4-9 or there about in those games, and any chance at the playoffs after that was over. I am quite confident they will never win BECAUSE of him, and have never backed away from that.

While I have often referred to what occurred back then, one of these days, I may do a deep dive, brick by brick explanation on how the 2014-15 Royals, if they didn't break him themselves, they certainly exposed him to the rest of the scouts in the league. Just like Jack Morris is credited (rightly or wrongly) of "pitching to the score", MLB pitchers should be credited with pitching to the score with this guy. When they "need" to get him out, he certainly becomes a much easier out for them. I'm sure certain people's heads will explode if and when that title post appears.

"Look at the scoreboard, kiiiiid!"