Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Coin price updates

I have notices that coin prices in my sets and inventory are not being updated anymore. Has anyone else had this happen. Maybe PCGS is slow to transfer the prices to the sets.

Comments

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2022 10:12PM

I have no idea what PCGS does on that but have CPG on my phone. So I look at both.

Got PCGS inventory manager (app on phone) and look at that.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 12:33AM

@mrcommem , when adding coins to your PCGS inventory, ONLY plug in your cost, and leave the “Value” blank. If you plug a figure into the “Value” area, it will NEVER change. If by chance you’ve accidentally done that, use the EDIT function, and blank out the value area, but DON’T enter “0”.

Separately, every week or so the PCGS pricing team updates the values of several series at a time. Maybe they have just not gotten to your series yet? Separate from this point, as a generalization, the values of coins in many of the lower grades have not changed, while coins in higher grades have.

I hope one of these explanations may have addressed your particular situation.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996