have authenticated including a
Sandy Koufax signed ball
Wilt Chamberlain signed 8x10
Roger Maris signed 8x10
Mickey Mantle signed 8x10
George H.W. Bush signed photo
Bobby Orr signed photo
Willie Mays signed photo
I see both PSA and JSA are having in person submission events in the next week in my area (NYC). I’ve never had 3rd party authentication done for autos. I know both companies are respected but is there one you would recommend over the other for these types of autos. Thanks and any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2022 7:40AM

I think Beckett is the best. PSA/DNA probably second. JSA has made many mistakes one including authenticating a definite preprint letter.

I am thinking of sending a Bruce Springsteen signed cut to Beckett but might send other items to help make up for the shipping and insurance costs. But I would mostly only care about getting something authenticated if I was reselling otherwise I don’t really need it since I trust my own judgement on the authenticity of items in my own collection - I don’t need a third party’s opinion as I feel my opinion is just as good as their opinion since I throughly study the autographs I buy for my collection. But some ttm stuff might be fun to send to see what they think.

A side note: I remember decades ago most people thought Dick Van Dyke was authentic ttm but when I got one I noticed it didn’t seem consistent with his in person examples so I questioned it and presented my argument with evidence (various examples compared) that he may be secretarial ttm. After a few collectors came to the same conclusion it slowly became widely accepted and now most accepted that Dick Van Dyke is secretarial.

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JMS1223 said:

A side note: I remember decades ago most people thought Dick Van Dyke was authentic ttm but when I got one I noticed it didn’t seem consistent with his in person examples so I questioned it and presented my argument with evidence (various examples compared) that he may be secretarial ttm. After a few collectors came to the same conclusion it slowly became widely accepted and now most accepted that Dick Van Dyke is secretarial.

That is correct, almost all this TTM is secretarial. Has been for a long time.