Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Returning An Item Bought On Ebay Help Needed

19 years as a buyer on eBay and I find myself having received an item that I need to return due to damage not described or pictured in the listing.

Although seller states Seller does not accept returns they have sent me an email saying they are happy to offer returns but now I'm needing to be walk through the steps.

Listing:

No mention of any damage. Arrived having a hole on right sleeve and also a melted section on the same right sleeve. You could see an issue in the provided image which looked like either some dirt or flash from the camera.

Image from listing:

Again no mention of it in the listing.

Here is item in hand:

So having never done this I'm trying to make sure I'm doing this right. I click on Return an item for a refund which provides me with the option of listing, I choose this one and next is drop down box for reason for return, which is where my pea brain is getting stuck. Do I choose Doesn't match description or photos or arrived damaged?

In my mind I think Doesn't match description or photos makes sense as described as being in excellent condition with no mention of damage.

In the add details box should I state basically what I'm saying here in that no mention of damage in the listing and pictures provided didn't show it either? I would then add the two pictures I took above in the add photos section.

Then it shows summary (self-explanatory) and at bottom Once you send this request, you'll see an option to print a return label.

Can I assume that I don't pay for the return?

With all that said, do I have the steps correctly?

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

hey Jeff,
    I had something similar to that last year.
    1st- I called ebay and opened a case.
    2nd- Contact the seller
    3rd- Then I followed up with the return
    4th- I was refunded
    Hope this helps... :)

• Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

18 bucks

A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

All you have to do is click on return this item and follow directions. It will say seller does not accept returns yada yada but you csn return it, covered by ebay guarantee of item not as described, aNeed to do this within 3 days of receipt.

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

Started the return process at 11:00 this morning and within minutes seller decided to just refund without needing to return it.

Appreciate all the helpful comments and hope everyone is having a Happy Easter.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

You should probably stick to only buying PSA graded jackets.....

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    You should probably stick to only buying PSA graded jackets.....

Just imagine the size and thickness of the slab. Think that would be a nightmare shipping it.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2022 9:21AM

I successfully blocked a return on $450 item (fb 3 buyer) they did not return during the 14 day return period. After they launched the case eBay ruled in my favor about 2 weeks later as they did not return it during the 14 day return period. They had not even provided tracking. They have not returned it period. The block on my funds was lifted and I was told any feedback from them would be removed. Immediately they became pushy like a bill collector. A huge win for me. I told them no refund (eBay ruling). They did tell me it shipped back without tracking until later. It’s been over a month the item has not shown up. Recently when they inquired - I told them if I receive it will return the item back to them. So at this point I think scammer or they fumbled the ball on the return. I seriously question if it was even shipped back.

My advice if a buyer initiates a return: Do not refund before item returned / case closed otherwise if you refund before don’t expect to see the item back.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency