Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 2:51PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options

Beautiful coin!!

• Options

This series seems to getting more popular. One of the greatest designs of all-time.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I have a couple that got sent to the hosts, with a lightly cleaned gen. unc. 1914 that might give me a heart attack if for sale as well as a 1912 in "65" with lovely toning. That series probably rightfully should take off and particularly if graded as there are many cleaned & sliders out there. Some come with great toning and luster and look carefully for "full head" libertad with good strike & the other usual areas; not my specialty but have a real soft spot for them!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Viva el Caballito!"

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 1911 short ray MS62 for 1000? 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to be very careful with auction house estimate price. The coin can sell they usually under estimate it. The coin can’t sell they over estimate it.

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some might find some deals in this sb hk auction because just too many lots, over 10k lots in over 10 days auction.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

YEs, that is good psychology. However, in this case the value of these Caballito have risen by magnitudes in the last 2-3 years, and catalogs have lagged.
    A good thing is that the 1910 year is generally much more available with the same design, and although not my specialty, have a look that is IMO better than average with better strikes, etc.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interestingly, the 1910 and 1911 short ray were done before the dies were re engraved so the strikes are "soft". The 1911 long ray and posterior are technically better, and 1911 LR and 1913 are quite available if just an example is needed.