Home Sports Talk

This Is Getting To Be Tiresome

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Football star is a person of interest in a violent murder case.

Kelvin Joseph

As a teacher in junior high school told me once about my outrageous antics....." Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a problem.".........The NFL has a problem.........personally?..... I'm getting tired of the problem.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2022 12:32PM

P.S.......spare me the excuses.... I wasn't there......Who knows what really happened?.....Hey!, He's a good kid.....Loves his Mom,.......GREAT PLAYER!!!......,. etc., etc., etc.,......NFL?.......You Have A Problem...... I'm tired of it.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys’ 2021 second-round pick was reportedly seen on video footage captured by KDFW-TV in the death of 20-year-old Cameron Ray on March 18. The cornerback has not been officially identified.

Ray was fatally shot after getting into an altercation with a group. He was shot as he was heading to his car.

Joseph is suspected to be involved with the group based on an individual wearing a “YKDV” necklace, which is in reference to Joseph’s rap name “YKDV Bossman Fat.” None of the group members have been officially identified by police, though.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's so much sensleless violence in this world, I get tired of it myself. There were two shootings in my city just the other day.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2022 7:33PM

@doubledragon said:
    There's so much sensleless violence in this world, I get tired of it myself. There were two shootings in my city just the other day.

I stopped reading the local newspaper long ago......the senseless violence and mayhem is so EVERYWHERE that you wouldn't want to step outside your house if you knew about it.......

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh it’s not just an NFL problem it’s a just a problem period.

A lot of these kids are from the hood and can’t get away from the stupid stuff even after getting a once in a lifetime opportunity, it is what it is. If this young man is jammed up and loses his career another kid will come along and take his place.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

His attorney says he was a passenger in the vehicle from which shots were fired but was not the shooter. Perhaps we should wait before jumping to any conclusions about this guy other than he clearly needs to make better choices regarding companions.

In the United States, by the age of 23, nearly half of all black males and 40% of all white males, have been arrested. The NFL is actually well ahead (in a good way) of that number.

https://bsos.umd.edu/featured-content/study-nearly-half-black-males

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Eh it’s not just an NFL problem it’s a just a problem period.

A lot of these kids are from the hood and can’t get away from the stupid stuff even after getting a once in a lifetime opportunity, it is what it is. If this young man is jammed up and loses his career another kid will come along and take his place.

I agree that it's a people problem. I'm sure the percentages are relatively in line with the general population. And when you combine often difficult upbringings with sudden wealth, you can have problems too.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    His attorney says he was a passenger in the vehicle from which shots were fired but was not the shooter. Perhaps we should wait before jumping to any conclusions about this guy other than he clearly needs to make better choices regarding companions.

In the United States, by the age of 23, nearly half of all black males and 40% of all white males, have been arrested. The NFL is actually well ahead (in a good way) of that number.

https://bsos.umd.edu/featured-content/study-nearly-half-black-males

That is true but to be fair young black males who are fortunate enough to make the NFL ought to have much greater odds at avoiding arrest in the first place.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bears WR Byron Pringle arrested after allegedly doing donuts with child in car

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-bears-wr-byron-pringle-arrested-after-allegedly-doing-donuts-with-son-in-car-183514377.html

Pringle's Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, a car that costs upward of $60,000 if purchased new, allegedly emerged from the cloud of smoke. Bloom approached Pringle, who allegedly became verbally confrontational and wouldn't listen to commands. According to the report, there was an adult man in the passenger seat and "and a male juvenile child in the left rear seat." The report did not reveal the identity of either the passenger or child or their relationship with Pringle.

Pringle arrested and booked for reckless driving and driving with a suspended license.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.