Home Q & A Forum
Options

How to go from applicant to member?

Is there something I need to do to go from applicant to member? I saw in some forum posts that I should wait 24 to 48 hours from joining, but I joined on the 6th and it's now the 10th. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

Sometimes it's a matter of hours and sometimes it's a matter of days..... hard to say.
    There is nothing you need to do other than wait.

• Options

Okay. Thank you for the welcome and the information!

• Options

Now I see a notification that I was promoted to member the same minute that I joined, but my role still shows as applicant in my profile, and I can't send private messages for example. Odd. I wonder if this means that a real change in status from applicant to member is not in the queue for administrator approval because of that.

• Options

I just found another member that has not been approved for over a month.
    Maybe if we tag @PCGS_Moderator they can help you get approved.

• Options

Sounds like a good idea to tag them. It may be a bug that is affecting all new account sign ups...

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lever While you're here, I encourage you to read posts that interest you, bounce around and familiarize yourself with the flow of things. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Thank you Roy.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just be patient. There could be numerous steps that have to be done prior to being a member. If your a collector, the wait no matter how long, is a wait that is well worth it. Good luck.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

PCGS_Moderator has fixed my issue and now I'm part of the club. Thank you all for the help, especially ifthevamzarockin for bringing the issue to the moderators attention.

• Options

WoooHooo! :)

• Options
    Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

I'm in the same boat since April 30th and starting to get discouraged and lose interest. Not only can't I share photos but I can't even update my profile pic. I can't even "Like" or "Agree" with posts and there are some great and interesting posts on here.

Pocket Change Inspector

• Options
    JMoo100JMoo100 Posts: 112 ✭✭

I am in the same boat too. I am hopeful that @PCGS_Moderator will approve our membership @stingray63

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going from applicant to member appears that it will take a few days to a week or more. This time. I believe is used to verify member. When you become a member you also have full Privileges and will be able to post pictures which you probably are upset that you cannot do right now. Please give it time, there are probably quite a few applicants right now wanting to get membership and the answer to your question is it just takes time. Some applicants become members in a rather short period of time and other applicants it takes a week or more. Just hang in there the wait is worth it. You definitely will enjoy the time that is spent here posting selling and buying. Good luck and be patient.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

I am getting the same issue, too. I hope I could get approved to contribute and be a part of the group.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tintin15 said:
    I am getting the same issue, too. I hope I could get approved to contribute and be a part of the group.

In your case you joined a couple days ago. That's a little soon to be worried. :p

• Options

I'm in the same boat, joined 3/20. Would love to be able to post pics to get more involved. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Richeysd1976 said:
    I'm in the same boat, joined 3/20. Would love to be able to post pics to get more involved. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

You need to try to get the attention of the moderators.
    @PCGS_Moderator

• Options
    Ryan3Ryan3 Posts: 49

Yeah I was told that applicant to member was taking a few weeks to change. I'm a few days away from being a month so should do I need to reach out to a mod as well?

• Options

@Ryan3 said:
    Yeah I was told that applicant to member was taking a few weeks to change. I'm a few days away from being a month so should do I need to reach out to a mod as well?

Yes, tag them here or send them a PM. ;)

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@Ryan3 said:

Yes, tag them here or send them a PM. ;)

Hey Vam! I don't think I'm able to send a PM yet because I'm not seeing it anywhere.

@PCGS_Moderator Is there anything else I need to do to become a member?

• Options

@Ryan3 Looks like it worked...... you're a member now. :)

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @Ryan3 Looks like it worked...... you're a member now. :)

I'm official now! Time to learn the secret handshakes and cool dances now. Fully expecting open bar as well, right? :)