Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How long are your PCGS express grades taking as recently submitted

Joey29Joey29 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

I submitted a coin for crossover express 3/23. Now it’s April 8 and my coin is only in the grading stage. What are you recent experiences with express service?

Answers

• Options
    justindanjustindan Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just did two with pcgs. Door to door was around one month and a few days.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Things are getting better, my express from 3/25 is encapsulated, looking faster than 6 months ago

• Options
    Panda4456Panda4456 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭

It should take 6 Months+ just send to ICG instead 😉😉😉

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joey29 said:
    I submitted a coin for crossover express 3/23. Now it’s April 8 and my coin is only in the grading stage. What are you recent experiences with express service?

Mine took over 6 weeks but to PCGS credit they gave me a credit of $40 for the delay .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're going to hate me, but I had a bulk order of Morgan and Peace dollars back in hand at the end of March, less than 3 weeks after I shipped it out.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Usually I get my express back in under a month,but I sent in my crossover under express and it's taking longer than the 3 congrats sets I sent in under express that arrived the same day. I think crossover coins take longer than grading regular coins.

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2022 10:15PM

If you also request the variety (extra 3 to 5 days on top of service level) be applied that will take additional time. I sent three orders in the same mailing box. They were all alike, raw coins to be graded and apply the variety to each one. The first day the two 20 coin orders were off and running, the 17 coin order just laid around. I got the first two back before they even got to grading the 17….They received it on 3/11 and shipped it on 5/2. They advertise 15 working days, this took 38 days. If it was over 3 to 5 days I could understand. But 38 working days? And to have arrived when two other identical orders were completed in 14 days. I had to make numerous calls to get them to kick the third order in the pants….

I will have a conversation with the appropriate person at PCGS about this. I was told I would get $25 coupon, but that is really insulting. We are going to talk about a 50% refund. I paid for express and I got close to regular service. That just is not right.

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2022 10:21PM

I have another order that was sent in different time frame than the orders above. This was for 9 coins for crossover. 5 NGC and 4 ANACS (soap bar slabs). This order is going on 20 days and has been in encapsulation for the past 4 days. I should add that I paid for variety’s to be applied, so that is 3 to 5 days….so I am sitting right now at the quoted times,..,.they could still kick it out in 2 to 3 days needing to get into QC. My experience with express has been pretty consistent out the door in two days after hitting QC.

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 1793 LC and an 1802 LC there right now on express, they've been there 34 days and still in the "grading" stage :(

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... I dropped off a $2.5 Indian at the Baltimore Show (4/1) and got it back a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting on the TV...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sitting at 4-weeks with an "express" submission of 1...

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

57 days and counting for 2 large cents... still in "Grading"

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two coin order was a regrade, arriving today.

Three coin order is crossover from NGC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file