Home Sports Talk
Options

And it begins

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 8, 2022 9:35AM in Sports Talk

Even year, overdue, revenge on the Dodgers who beat them in the playoffs with a ball called a strike........

Strong pitching staff this year, but Posey retires, Bart replaces, Yaz leading off, Crawford and Belt, the 2 Brandon's on a tear. It's time.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

and you have 2 mascots.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2022 6:05AM

7 games in:

Giants 5-2
    Best Cleveland last nite, Posey replacement, Bart, goes yard, batting .333 so far.

ESPN power rankings, Giants #14 (LOFL) when 4-2 b4 yesterday's win. Dodger centric ESPN had Dodgers #1 at 3-2, yet Giants team stats:

ERA Giants #2 @ 2.39, LA #3 @ 2.51
    BA LA#5 @ .267, Giants#15 @.238.

All of these stats will change over season. Giants went 2-1 against SD who is a favorite for the west, surely their lowly power ranking is a farce by the LA-centric ESPN.

We will see, I thought it was a mistake to not work Bart in last year bc it was clear Posey was starting to wind down. It looks like he can adequately replace Posey.

Giants pitching can clearly match anyone's, 5 strong starters.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spacey, I get the feeling that you don't like the Dodgers. 😉

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly ive again been tricked into clicking a baseball thread by a completely undescriptive thread title :(

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Sadly ive again been tricked into clicking a baseball thread by a completely undescriptive thread title :(

I thought it was going to be about the Big Bang. I can't say Big Bang theory or people would think I mean
    the terrible show that's been on TV for the last 37 years.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

How are the Giants going to beat the Dodgers when LA added Freddie Freeman to the lineup?

• Options
    edited April 16, 2022 7:03PM

And another win, putting the Giants at 6-2 to start the season. We will take it. And oh, as usual, the score never makes it to the 'Top Events' ticker on ESPN. There are 11 MLB games on the ticker (at least for what I get), and not the league leading Giants game (of course). And the Dodger game (yes we hates them my precious), which has not even started yet, is, of course, on the ticker (LOL). Leave it to ESPN, an LA centric website, to scoff the Giants. I have noticed that for decades now. Makes me dislike LA teams even more (except the Charges bc of Herbert........).

HST, another strong pitching game for the Giants. Don't know if they will sustain it for the season, but I did predict 101 wins on the other thread.

And yes Hydrant, I like the Dodgers even less than the Yankees (or the Lakers, or the Knicks, or the Cowboys, or the Packers........). In fact, they are my least liked team in all of professional sports, but that is probably obvious ;) .

Even year.

Best, SH

• Options
    edited April 16, 2022 8:14PM

@spacehayduke said:

And yes Hydrant, I like the Dodgers even less than the Yankees (or the Lakers, or the Knicks, or the Cowboys, or the Packers........). In fact, they are my least liked team in all of professional sports, but that is probably obvious ;) .

Hey, Space Man.....I love it!.....your bad list is just like mine!!!!.....Except for the Knicks because I don't know anything about them.....Anyway, I'm pulling for the Giants this year.......KEEP POSTING BROTHER!

P.S......Remind me someday to tell you the story about how I was attacked with a pitchfork by a Giants fan just because I told him the truth about how crappy the Giants were!.......I'll lay odds that the guy who tried to kill me was your Dad......or Grandpa........ Go Frisco!!!!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive never felt the urge to tell the "truth" to anyone holding a pitchfork

It seems like a bad idea just on general principles

• Options
    edited April 17, 2022 7:31AM

@bronco2078 said:
    Ive never felt the urge to tell the "truth" to anyone holding a pitchfork

It seems like a bad idea just on general principles

He wasn't holding the pitchfork at the exact moment that I revealed the Truth to him.....and I suspect that he had problems that went way beyond his psychotic fondness for the Giants......It was a learning experience however.

Oh, Well.....Live and Learn.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

I thought it was going to be about the Big Bang. I can't say Big Bang theory or people would think I mean
    the terrible show that's been on TV for the last 37 years.

IMO, the BB is BS.