Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Is this a"Keeper"?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 7, 2022 1:55PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hi guys,
Just received this from a kind teller. To me, it's beautiful. But value wise, is it worth keeping?
"Redeemable in Gold!"
Thank you, guys.
:)

1928A

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options

I guess not?
    :D

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Tough call. If you collect strictly from circulation and can afford to tie up $50, yes. The counterfeit pen stain and general condition limits its numismatic value.

Ok, thank you! It's just so old and to survive in almost 95 years of circulation!
    This is amazing to me. I love the Gold explanation.
    Awesome times in the 20's.
    B)

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m guessing the note saw circulation in the late 1920s - early 1930s, was set aside for an extended period of time and then re-entered circulation. Cool find.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd hang onto that for a chat piece. Nice score (remember the teller at Christmas as well)

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭

I collect the older $50 too. If you can't hang on to it, lmk please. I can buy it off of you. Thanks!

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

I'd find a $50 like that very tough to release back into the wild (partly b/c we just don't get old notes like those & partly b/c I know some collectors who'd really want one). My 1st entire collection was from the 1950's (2 decades newer) & I had a few as circulated as your $50 (not as high denomination mind you as I couldn't afford to set aside $50). They were all sold & upgraded (except my 1st Devil's Face $20 which I bought when I was 16). One of the good things about having a relic like that on hand is that it often encourages one to appreciate its own peculiar security features, block letters & other elements (BPN's, crispness or lack of, etc) & if you really like it, it also encourages one to keep involved in the hobby.

A great conversation piece (at the very least).

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Nice find Joey, I would surely tuck it away.

• Options

I would certainly keep it even if it doesn't have a high sale value.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2022 8:21PM

Ok guys, you talked me into it.
    It's a

Keeper!

Thanks ;)
    <3B)<3