Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

US Currency Value Books

Hi all!

Is there a Book or way to Value US Currency based on Blue Book or Grey Sheet? I have the Recent Whitman Red Book BUT would Love to know the difference in Values between Collectors and Dealers.

Thank you For all the Help

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2022 6:37AM

The people that publish the Grey Sheet (CDN) also publish the Green Sheet. The Green Sheet values paper money for a monthly subscription. The value between what a collector pays and what a dealer pays varies for paper money. When buying on let’s say eBay, it’s an equal playing field. Some dealers get different discounts from the other auction houses.

• Options
    TeacherCollectorTeacherCollector Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

Ordered a Green Sheet now :smile:

• Options

Green Sheet is only a very rough guide, not always accurate, and not very useful for anything but "Type" notes (and limited at that. For Small Size, it is not worth bothering.

Auction results (Heritage and Stacks-Bowers) are perhaps the best starting point for values.

• Options
    SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• Options

Oh I like this one! I have the whitmen red book which is the 7th edition. Have you used that one?

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

The CDN Banknote Book has values for World Currency. CDN CPG has values for US Currency.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency