Looking for Information on Alfred V. Melson
I'm researching some coins and came across Alfred V. Melson. His collection was sold by Heritage in 2010. Notably he had a 1943-S bronze cent!
- 1943-S Bronze Cent
- Alfred V. Melson Collection, Part One, Jan 2010
- Alfred V. Melson Collection, Part Two, Feb 2010
I looked up some information and found the following for a Alfred Vaughn Melson Sr., who was "co-owner and chairman of Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley Insurance in Willards, a real estate developer and president of Atlantic Insurance Associates."
Does anyone know if this is the same Melson as the coin collector?
- Obituary: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/delawareonline/name/alfred-melson-obituary?pid=145785000
- Grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/55555690/alfred-vaughn-melson
- Family History: http://wvancestry.com/ReferenceMaterial/Files/The_Melson_Family_in_America_Volume_1.pdf
Here's his 1943-S Bronze Cent!
Amazingly, this old slab still verifies. Lately, I've been getting the feeling that error collectors don't seem to need to play the upgrade / crackout game and slabs can stay active for a long time.