Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Card possibly stuck to inside of PSA slab

SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking closely at a card I own and I noticed that the card is noticeable pressing against the front of the slab. It looks very much like when a loose chrome card sticks to the inside of a penny sleeve and needs to be peeled away. It's visible on the top right of the Jeter side and the left edge of the Nomar side. I really hope the card is just pressing against the slab and it's not somehow moisture related. The slab has no cracks or other imperfections.

Comments

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, just the card pressing/Newton's Rings.. But you can always try putting it in a bag of rice!! :p

• burghmanburghman Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭

There was an epic thread on the boards about this - is it chemistry/physics, blah blah blah - but PSA wrote up an article about what you might have.

https://www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/10575/newtons-rings-understanding-encapsulation-illusion

Jim

• SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭

That article seems to deal only with cards encapsulated in a sleeve, similar to the penny sleeve situation mentioned in my first post. This card is raw inside the slab.

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:
    That article seems to deal only with cards encapsulated in a sleeve, similar to the penny sleeve situation mentioned in my first post. This card is raw inside the slab.

this happens all the time with thicker or bowed chromium cards touching the inside of the slab. its exactly what RufussCkingston said. You can email PSA through your account profile and see if they will accept it back for reslabbing as a QC issue. given how long ago it was graded, they may not. but you can specifically request to have it reslabbed with the new mylar sheet on top to prevent this. I had a card reslabbed recently and another graded and specifically requested this to make sure it was done. but apparently they are supposed to be doing it for most chrome cards these days.

myslabs.to/smzcards