Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTS -- Society of Medallists collection

RomankowRomankow Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
edited March 31, 2022 8:59AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am looking to sell these Society of Medallists medals (along with a few other medals) as an entire collection, rather than individually.

The attached photos show what I have. The fourteen Society of Medallists medals are numbered as per the SOM Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Medalists), and three of them have their original boxes/flyers. The other four medals, lettered A-D, are as follows:

A: NATIONAL ACADEMY OF DESIGN 150TH ANNIVERSARY MEDAL, 1975. Bronze. Obverse with a depiction of Pegasus with a rider, climbing toward the Heavens. The reverse legend: 1825 NATIONAL ACADEMY OF DESIGN 1975/ ONE

B: John Adams Commemorative Medal (from Hall of Fame for Great Americans at New York University Medal Series). 1971. Bronze. obverse: THE HALL OF FAME FOR GREAT AMERICANS AT NEW YORK UNIVERSITY / 1735 / John Adams [facsimile signature] / 1826 reverse: PRINCIPAL / RIGHT / ABOVE/ EVIL / DeLue Sc. [facsimile signature]

C: Vladimir Lenin medal (Aluminum?)

D : 1776-1976 NATIONAL BICENTENNIAL MEDAL AMERICAN REVOLUTION, Gilt Bronze

Please PM me with offers. If you would like more detailed photos for any of the medals, please let me know.