Home Q & A Forum
Options

I got two 1957 blue note silver certificates in my change at the bank today - what are they worth?

JWPJWP Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2022 5:32PM in Q & A Forum

I went to the bank today and received two series 1957 silver certificates in my change. Checked the internet and it looks like these being in circulated condition they might only be worth $1.50 each. I know very little about currency and if anybody could give me a more accurate value on these two silver cetificates I would appreciate it. Thank you for your thoughts.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Best Answers

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool to still get in change though.......

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Cool to still get in change though.......

Thanks, I know they are both well traveled, but ending their journey with me made a great story to tell. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Answers

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

In that condition, $1.50 might be a stretch. You'd be lucky to get anything over face value for them, IMO. Still a cool find though

FYI, There is a currency forum on CU

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

I pulled a lot of them from register tills back almost a half-century ago when I was a retail manager. Most in the condition like the 2 pictured. Put them all away for safe-keeping for my kids & future generations....... I love collecting coins & currency that are no longer made or circulating, and hope they end up appreciating them half as much as I do. JWP: Congrats on your find!

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭

I too saved silver certs wen you would get them in circulation. I should have exchanged them for silver when that was still available.

• Options

I save silver certs that I find too. Either in circulation or if I find them low cost in various places. Not might be worth much, but they are like the $2 bill; cool to have and see.