Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need Help From Experts Here

Hi,

I really need help as I'm really new to grading cards so I hope experts here can give me some advice.

Here's a brief history of my journey. I've been collecting NBA cards when I'm in my teens, but have to stop due to studies and follow by work and follow by family. In 2018, I again start collecting but again have to stop as my second child come into my life that year.

I understand that PSA grading fees is at the all time high, I'm not sure if its worth sending some of my collection for grading. I've scan some of my collection and I hope to have some precious advice from all of you here.

With Thanks
Orange

95-Ultra-Scoring-Kings-1
95-Ultra-Scoring-Kings-2

95-Fleer-Metal-Maximum-Metal-195-Fleer-Metal-Maximum-Metal-2

95-Fleer-Metal-Maximum-Metal-297-SPx-Die-Cut-2

96-SPx-Record-Breaker-196-SPx-Record-Breaker-2

94-Topps-Beam-Team-194-Topps-Beam-Team-2

96-Skybox-E-X2000-Net-Assets-196-Skybox-E-X2000-Net-Assets-2

97-Skybox-Z-Force-Big-Men-On-Court-197-Skybox-Z-Force-Big-Men-On-Court-2

97-Fleer-Net-Rageous-197-Fleer-Net-Rageous-2

97-Skybox-Golden-Touch-197-Skybox-Golden-Touch-2

96-Skybox-E-X2000-A-Cut-Above-196-Skybox-E-X2000-A-Cut-Above-2

97-Ultra-Ultrabilites-197-Ultra-Ultrabilites-2

97-Fleer-Ultra-Stars-197-Fleer-Ultra-Stars-2

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't collect basketball, but Jordan is obviously the MAN.

Go to ebay and do an advanced search on each of your cards, making sure you check the "sold listings" box.

Do not expect 10's on your cards, many of them have white showing on the tips of the corners.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    I don't collect basketball, but Jordan is obviously the MAN.

Go to ebay and do an advanced search on each of your cards, making sure you check the "sold listings" box.

Do not expect 10's on your cards, many of them have white showing on the tips of the corners.

Thanks for your advice and also I know my cards are not PSA 10 quality. I’m just wondering if it’s worth getting it graded?

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

Like Joe said, go to ebay and search completed auctions for raw cards and cards in PSA 7, 8, and 9 and see if it's worth submitting. That's exactly what I would do.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

@dontippet said:
    Like Joe said, go to ebay and search completed auctions for raw cards and cards in PSA 7, 8, and 9 and see if it's worth submitting. That's exactly what I would do.

But I don’t even know if my raw cards can even get a 7 if I sent to PSA lololol

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

On some of the higher dollar ones, it is worth getting them graded simply to make the sales easier, if thats what youre planning on doing. Lots of counterfeits out there, will let the buyer knows yours is legit and you will have something that they cant return a fake to you.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

@mtcards said:
    On some of the higher dollar ones, it is worth getting them graded simply to make the sales easier, if thats what youre planning on doing. Lots of counterfeits out there, will let the buyer knows yours is legit and you will have something that they cant return a fake to you.

thanks my friend, I'm thinking about this too and also to have more protection of my raw cards as I find my cards don't have much protection in sleeves

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

There are a lot of trashy Jordan inserts. But, IMO any Beam Team Jordan is legit.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Cut above is an awesome insert.
    Great collection! I’d wait until grading is $30 or under. It maybe a year or more.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:
    Cut above is an awesome insert.
    Great collection! I’d wait until grading is $30 or under. It maybe a year or more.

i doubt the price will go down in the next few years :(

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

As a Jordan collector I would love to get my hands on some of those cards. Thanks for sharing Orange!

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:
    As a Jordan collector I would love to get my hands on some of those cards. Thanks for sharing Orange!

Thanks Art,

I started off collecting Jordan, David Robinson, Shaq(rookie) and Hakeem in my teens, then I took a very long break of 13 years. Then one day, I happen to see an article about basketball cards and makes me look at my collection. I started to focus on just Jordan and started getting some cards in 2018.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orange6776 said:

@dontippet said:

I looked up the "Beam Team" card, they sell ungraded pretty easily.

You might want to avoid the cost and wait of grading and just sell raw.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@orange6776 said:

@dontippet said:

I looked up the "Beam Team" card, they sell ungraded pretty easily.

You might want to avoid the cost and wait of grading and just sell raw.

Thanks for looking up the info for me. I’ll take note on that. Actually from Singapore and thinking of submitting through
    Sportscardinvestor.com cause they have the $60 per card deal. Anyone use their service before or have any comment with this company?

• Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

Make sure you look up prices before the vultures in here try to lowball you. You have some great cards there that MJ collectors would definitely pay up for.

Brian

• Options

@BJY83 said:
    Make sure you look up prices before the vultures in here try to lowball you. You have some great cards there that MJ collectors would definitely pay up for.

LOLOLOLOL thanks for the warning BJY83