Home Sports Talk
Options

Should Josh Allen stop running so much?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reports are surfacing that Sean McDermott wants Josh Allen to stop running the ball so much, but Josh Allen is so big and it's a real threat to opposing defenses. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 27, 2022 6:19AM

Just a Behemoth of a man, I think he is 6'5".

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he should do what he feels during the game, the Bills need another WR, and lineman that can open holes for a RB. Until then Allen is their best RB and playmaker

McDermott should be more concerned about getting to the super bowl

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think with the new OC plans will be less designed runs. Saying that I doubt he will run less on broken plays. As a weapon the surprise running play helps keep the defense honest. His threat to run can slow down a pass rush.
    Personally, I want him healthy for the next 15 years.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably would be a good idea but he sure is good at it and I like watching him do it! The Bills are my next favorite team after you know who and Allen is fabulous! Go Bills!

• Options

He's a tremendous athlete, I also enjoy watching him run, he can really hurt opposing teams with his legs. But sometimes he does tend to take risks, like when he jumps.

• Options

To be honest, I'm just looking forward to this upcoming season, Josh Allen is really evolving into a great quarterback, and it should be a lot of fun watching the Bills. And I must confess, I'm also really looking forward to watching greedy selfish Aaron Rodgers try to win a Super Bowl without Davante Adams.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2022 11:19AM

My room mate, who also happens to be the biggest football nut on Earth, purchased some sort of T.V. package last season that allows her to watch every NFL game in live time and delay or whatever. Have you ever seen someone watching 12 games at once!!!! I have. OMG!!......So,.....anyway, I watch all the Bills games......Man,....that Allen is good!.....maybe the best......he's only going to get better. His running is disturbing, but he's so good at it. He could be a very good running back or anything else because he is a natural. If he stays healthy, WOW!.... Go Bills!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2022 11:32AM

No. The only time Lamar has been hurt was when he was throwing from the pocket. He can get hurt on any play. Josh can probably try to run over people less but running is part of what makes him great and that's in his DNA. That's what makes him a difference maker.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2022 11:44AM

The Boy From Firebaugh!
    And can he ever, FIRE THAT BAUGH!......as Al Michaels would say....

• Options
    edited March 27, 2022 12:04PM

You see, now isn't this nice? We get to talk about a classy quarterback instead of a selfish quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, or a disgruntled quarterback like Baker Mayfield, who by the way is very busy this weekend after Deshaun Watson stole his job.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    You see, now isn't this nice? We get to talk about a classy quarterback instead of a selfish quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, or a disgruntled quarterback like Baker Mayfield, who by the way is very busy this weekend after Deshaun Watson stole his job.

You're too much, way too much..Dragon Master...😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

if he wants a long career, he absolutely needs to stop running. take Cam Newton. also a huge guy, 6'6" and strong as an ox. he is washed at 31. there is a reason RBs are mostly done by 30.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. He should run more, get belted hard and go on IR for a whole season, so my man Case can rightly take over and the Bills will thus win an SB................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he should save it for the biggest games.

A lot might not remember, but before he was drafted and his first season plus, he had subpar arm skills. His accuracy was not there at all. In fact it was bad.

He spent A LOT of time becoming the thrower he is. While other top athletes were partying, happy to be in a league, he went out of his way to improve. He is now one of the best throwers there is.

His coaches see him as a runner, and therefore call running plays. He feels like he needs to run.

He doesn't. Assuming he is in the right system.

The greatest ever isn't a runner.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

If he continues to run, it will be in his new stadium. 1.2 billion. Taxpayers, naturally, on the hook for 600-850 million of it. Not a dome, to be built across from the current one.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    If he continues to run, it will be in his new stadium. 1.2 billion. Taxpayers, naturally, on the hook for 600-850 million of it. Not a dome, to be built across from the current one.

I’m old enough to remember going to War Memorial or the Rock Pile while begging for a new stadium 50 odd years ago. The theme was “No more snow, football in a dome.” I’m so glad they built the open air and the new one will also be open air. It has become a trade mark of Bills football.
    As far as the tax Americans pay tax on ridiculous things, might as well pay on something they enjoy.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.