Home Sports Talk
Options

Never Too Early To Discuss The 2022 Masters Golf Tour.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting ready for event. I know Phi M. is out. Any thoughts on the competitors? Spieth has checked in with low opening odds. Somewhat surprising.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2022 8:42AM

Jordan isn't low man at my book, but he's up there. and here's why:

ANGC is his playground. with that said, he's not experiencing his optimal form right now. but remember, next week is the Valero and the 2021 Valero is where he ended his protracted winning drought. he's going to be roaming around a comfortable track next week, right before he roams around the most hallowed of tracks -- where he's very comfortable.

speaking of the 2021 Valero, i was there and half-jokingly sent this text to Larkin as JS was strolling up to the first tee on Thursday morning. i channeled my inner justasoothsayer............except i walked away with no money. :/

will be there again in 4 days -- perhaps a repeat is in order to rev up the Jordan train ?

• Options

I did not clarify well. I meant to say he is low odds and up there as you stated. I think around 12-1. After Scotties win today (Thank you Scottie) Scottie will surely have lower odds going into Masters play. Rahm has been favored his last 7-8 matches. And I believe he is again for the Masters.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY

since you like to discuss happenings on the links i'm going to afford you the same opportunity justasoothsayer had. do you want the valero or the masters? lmk which one and i'll post the odds. you'll have the same 10 bucks at your disposal -- select one golfer to hoist the trophy. if you wow us all, you'll get paid off.

• Options

Thanks. If you are serious, I appreciate your generous offer. I will opt for the Masters lineup. Will come up with a pick soon. If fortunate to win I will designate the winnings to a colon cancer prevention charity. Dad died at age 56 of the terrible disease.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Thanks. If you are serious, I appreciate your generous offer. I will opt for the Masters lineup. Will come up with a pick soon. If fortunate to win I will designate the winnings to a colon cancer prevention charity. Dad died at age 56 of the terrible disease.

i'm very sorry about your father. for as long as i've been around you've been a good egg, so i know he's proud of what you've become.

Mark (justa) can attest to the fact that i'm serious. just trying to be a conduit for fun. tell you what, i want you to pick two guys. great cause, so let's do this properly.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woods at 5000? I heard he is scheduled for a practice round.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2022 1:42AM

@Alfonz24 said:
    Woods at 5000? I heard he is scheduled for a practice round.

Yes he did play a round, practice that is.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

i'm very sorry about your father. for as long as i've been around you've been a good egg, so i know he's proud of what you've become.

Mark (justa) can attest to the fact that i'm serious. just trying to be a conduit for fun. tell you what, i want you to pick two guys. great cause, so let's do this properly.

Thanks for the kind words. And your great offer. Will come up with the 2 picks soon. Must consult the "oracle of the greens" and the "seer of Magnolia Way" :) . Colon cancer is a vicious disease. Dad lingered/suffered for 9 months. Get tested by age 45. I have a colonoscopy every 5 years.

• Options

Friday is supposed to be the day, based on tradition, that Tiger will announce if he will play in the Masters.

• Options

added Hideki and Zach to my Masters champs flag at the Valero yesterday

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

After much debate with myself :) I've arrived at my 2 Masters picks per your offer. They being Sam Burns and Viktor Hovland. Went back/forth on Hovland or Zalatoris. But Hovland it is. Lets hope for a win to support a worthy cause.

• Options

i like those picks chief

good luck!

• Options

Thanks again for the generous gesture.

• Options

No Angel Cabrera? 2009 Champion. Sitting in an Argentinian jail.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw that Cabrera news yesterday

Prison of hell? Wow

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I've read that golf, more than any other sport, tries to hide as best as possible, their sports figures misdeeds. Can't cloak this particular fall from grace.

• Options

One thing Tiger may have to contend with, and I'm sure the thought has occurred to him, is if there is a postponement due to bad weather. Whereby he may have to play 27-36 holes the next day. If this were to occur it could put more stress on his repaired leg. Unless the tour. is carried over an extra day.

• Options

if you've never visited ANGC before, the one characteristic of the course that is not readily apparent in telecasts is just how hilly and undulating the terrain can be. some seriously crazy elevation changes.......e.g., #10, #14 and #18. from #10 tee box it is a straight shot down the hill to the green. #14 & #18 you start from the ground floor and it feels like you are walking into the clouds. now think about Tiger. if he treks that track and makes the cut on a leg he almost lost a little over a year ago without playing a competitive round in 17 months, that is the equivalent of winning another green jacket as far as i'm concerned. i will be highly, highly impressed if that happens.

as for my formal pick on the eve of the first round, the little voice in my head is saying screaming Koepka.

tomorrow can't get here soon enough

• Options

Augusta Forecast from AerisWeather

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

The question is, can Tiger walk 72 holes in 4 days. Keep in mind he almost lost his leg, as in GONE. Amputation was on the table as an option at the time of his crash. I don't think Augusta Officials will allow him to ride in the cart for any reason, actually, I think there was an issue some years ago when a player was allowed for a medical reason, but since then it got banned.
    I wish him well.

I live about 80 miles from Augusta, the craze is in high blower!! Weather should be excellent throughout the tournament. As I type, there is very heavy rain and lightining over me, heading Eastbound. Good for the grass and azaleas I guess.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2022 7:59PM

John Daly ftw

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2022 8:12AM

TO MAKE GOLF MORE EXCITING,
    GOLFERS WILL JUST PLAY FOOTBALL.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Credit Babylon Bee ^

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see if El Tigre can keep it goin' today!!!!!!!

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

what Tiger accomplished yesterday is the stuff of legends

a little over a year ago he almost died in a car wreck..........then he almost had a leg amputated

then without having played a competitive round on tour in 17 months, he shows up on a ridiculously undulating track and shoots under par in the first round of the Masters

that, my friends, is beyond GOAT good

that said, he's going to absorb ANGC's best punch today. if he comes anywhere close to matching what he did yesterday when temps are cooler (ball won't travel as far) in howling 20-30 mph winds, it'll be completely sublime

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiger hung in there today, tough start but strong recovery. This guy is a dude!

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

my fav player (Spieth), who i thought would be a force to be reckoned with........out

my tourney pick (Koepka).........out

i predicted 36 holes max for Tiger.............in

outside of all that, my prognostications have been right on the money

now my biggest fear is rearing its ugly head.........someone running away with this thing and making the weekend anticlimactic (Scheffler). he is on such a heater right now that i think it's going to require someone to go get him, as opposed to him coming back to the field

• Options

My 2 picks. Burns-out. Hovland at least made cut.

• Options

I wonder how day 3/4 is going to treat Tiger. You could see the pain in his face most of the day yesterday.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    I wonder how day 3/4 is going to treat Tiger. You could see the pain in his face most of the day yesterday.

Have to wonder if the pain in his face is from poor play (today, or related to leg issues. But both are probably intertwined. Never easy to watch a great struggling.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    my fav player (Spieth), who i thought would be a force to be reckoned with........out

now my biggest fear is rearing its ugly head.........someone running away with this thing and making the weekend anticlimactic (Scheffler). he is on such a heater right now that i think it's going to require someone to go get him, as opposed to him coming back to the field

Tiger making the cut just adds to his legacy.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

May be a little of each.

• Options
    edited April 10, 2022 3:42PM

Was nice to see the Tiger smile in the interview post round. You could tell actually finishing was a glimmer of pain management after the week.

As someone who was in 24/7/365 pain for a decade+ until hip surgery I can say by focusing on the good it is better than any meds.

• Options

Grats to Scottie. Thought Cam would make it more interesting. Did for awhile. 12th did him in. Reminded me of the Spieth meltdown on that hole. Rory got it in gear too late. But was a valiant effort. Great shots out of same bunker on 18 by Rory and Colin. Was evident Tiger was in much pain. After he signed his card and walked up a small hill to greet his entourage, his limping was evident. Good to see him tough out all 4 days.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i like those picks chief

good luck!

Well we tried. Thanks again.