Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Upcoming Greg Maddux private signing

On one of the Facebook autograph groups, an upcoming private signing for Greg Maddux is being run by Nate Rupp.
Has anyone dealt with this person before?

After an 18 year lay-off, I finally got back to working on a "300 Win" ball a couple years ago, with Glavine in-person at White Plains. Last year added Clemens (via Tri-Star) and Johnson (via Waukesha), but those were well known entities.

Thanks for any help.

Fyi, I originally posted this in the autograph forum and was told I might get a better response here.

Comments

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

I've done Maddux signings with Nate before. Came out great when I sent. Good luck with the quest!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

@yankeesman said:
    I've done Maddux signings with Nate before. Came out great when I sent. Good luck with the quest!!

Thanks.

• Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Nate is known for his Maddux signings. Ive used him before and highly recommend.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

post pictures afterward!

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2022 1:33PM

@Ironmanfan said:
    post pictures afterward!

IMF

Before

After

A bit of a tiny signature but I suppose I can't complain. It will be interesting to see if anyone else can accomplish the feat in my lifetime. It is beginning to seem unlikely.
    Regarding Maddux's signature: It's a good thing he's a famous HOFer. If he was a common player, his signature would be lost through time as unidentifiable. I suppose most of today's players would be in the same boat as they don't have, at a minimum, distinguishable letters for their first AND last names in their signatures. If I were a player, I think I might actually care about that.

On second thought, I may be a bit harsh. You can make out the starting and ending "g" in Greg. For his last name, if you ignore the initial pen stroke, one can see the "m" in Maddux as well as the ending "x" (well, mostly, at least).