Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 Jeter Foil #279

badhop55badhop55 Posts: 156 ✭✭

I sent this card in a few weeks ago to see what was what. It came back graded and as I'm not that well versed in card grading I was hoping someone could evaluate it and give me an idea what they think it might grade. I've measured the ends of the arc to their respective edges and based on that the image is dead center. The foil surface has no dents, dings or scratches and I'm guessing it's not a 10 based on the lower LH corner. Any and all thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭

Looks at least like an 8 at minimum. BOTH bottom corners are touched and showing white. Top right (rear) also has a small touch. It's a beautiful copy from the scan, however, if you tilt the card, it's possible that there are things (marks) on surface that most average collectors don't pick up on.

Thats rough that it graded a 7 however.

• Options

You bring up a great point. There was no breakdown of the grading included. At least none that I can find.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree at least an 8. I have been looking at a number of these as of late and have seen much worse as an 8. This is o e of those cards which may have flaws you can’t see in the scan and is also graded very tough.

• Options

Thanks. Appreciate you taking the time to comment.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 6:45PM

The 93's foils are dinged heavily for the tiniest lines in the foil. Mine is is easily Gem 10 but even 20 years ago when i submitted mine PSA hammered you for the slightest foil imperfection. In my case it's a 1/8 light foil line which I'm certain was caused when it "rolled' off the press.

Also factor in it's may very well be the most scrutinized cards on 1990's by PSA.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 10:00PM

I'm going to guess that you got a 7 because the bottom left corner has paint loss going down the edge (blue) in addition to the touched corners and whatever else we can't see. Also a smidge OC top to bottom. The foot is almost flush with the edge, should be a little dirt.

PSA does't tell you why you get the grade you got. You have to examine the card and figure it out yourself.... Part of the fun of grading!!

• Options

RufussCkingston,

Thanks for the comments. I noted your interest in the foot, so I pulled a pic I took prior to sending it in. I believe it shows an adequate area of dirt between his toes and the card edge so I'm thinking centering was not an issue.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    I'm going to guess that you got a 7 because the bottom left corner has paint loss going down the edge (blue) in addition to the touched corners and whatever else we can't see. Also a smidge OC top to bottom. The foot is almost flush with the edge, should be a little dirt.

PSA does't tell you why you get the grade you got. You have to examine the card and figure it out yourself.... Part of the fun of grading!!

looks WAY better than the 7 I used to own. my 7 had issues on all 4 corners, none being too bad, but present. I wouldve guessed a PSA 8 or 8.5.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Wow. That is an amazing 7. Back in 2019, this is an 8 all day long.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

There must be some light scratch/indent on the foil that we can't see in the scan. Because that card looks better than alot of 8's that I have handled.

• Options

6-7?

• Options
    SeaverfanSeaverfan Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

That's an unbelievable 7. Corners and edges 8-9 in years past. May want to consider crack and regrade....

• Options

Appreciate comments. Thanks for taking the time.