Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help with this Kittle

I am sending this in for grading and can't figure out which modern variation it is.

Any help appreciated? Also, ideas on
value in a 9? Thx

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 10:10AM

it is this one.... There is only 1 autographed version of this card...

2020 Panini Donruss Action All-Pros George Kittle #AAPGK Autograph

Value for a PSA 9 I'd say $75-150...

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea thanks a ton! A reminder why I collect vintage.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Let me know if interested in selling raw Balco. I am a 49er fanatic and always interested 49er cards.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    For a moment I thought you were asking about Ron. My bad.

I was glad to see he had a thread, then I wasn’t.

• Options

Thanks ArtV. I am also among the Faithful. My son wants this one so I need to keep.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:

1983 Topps Traded all the way!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2022 4:05AM

@daltex said:

@Tibor said:

1983 Fleer - the one you could get in packs. It made the Fleer box the one to get - at least in Chicago. Was hoping for Kittle - not Sandberg or Gwynn or Boggs - and I was a Cubs fan.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@daltex said:

@Tibor said:

1983 Fleer - the one you could get in packs. It made the Fleer box the one to get - at least in Chicago. Was hoping for Kittle - not Sandberg or Gwynn or Boggs - and I was a Cubs fan.

83 Fleer for me too. I am with ya there Brad.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@daltex said:

@Tibor said:

Ah, well you see I got my first price guide in 1984, and it was very clear that the Strawberry and Kittle were the cards to get in that set. I had a bad experience with 1982 Fleer so ignored them until the wonder that was the 1984 Update became prohibitively expensive.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it was really cool to see a R Kittle thread too. Then the letdown

Was he that big in 83? Before my collecting years and I was really too young with zero parental guidance on who was good outside the Yankees.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

If I recall he has a super hot April/May. Banged 20 HRs early then drifted down batting average etc. A few years of same. I could be off a bit.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2022 8:19AM

He won the AL Rookie of the Year in 1983 while being 3rd in the league in both HR and RBIs. That White Sox team was a surprise winner of the AL West. Back in 1983 all anyone looked at was the Triple Crown stats and very few fans understood the value of OBP.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a lot of money back then selling Kittles. At least for a college kid.

Others were Willie McGee, Alan Wiggins, Gary Gaetti, David Green and Frankie Viola.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.