Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Marriage A Contact Sport?

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 22, 2022 6:41PM in Sports Talk

I've always thought that it was. My suspicions were confirmed this morning.. Here's what happened..... Yesterday afternoon I put a bowl of beans in the microwave. I pushed the #2 button. You know, like 2 minutes. Then I went outside and forgot about it.......Well, now The Lovely Mrs..Hydrant has informed me that I'm no longer allowed to use the microwave. It appears that the #2 button was set for, like, 20 minutes?, 2 hours?, I don't know.....but.....the microwave is a total disaster and she's not happy about it. Then.....she went downtown to the sporting goods store....she returned with a lovely outfit ........
She's a very patriotic girl.....Anyway, she told me again, " No more microwave OR ELSE!".....I think she means it. The last time anything like this happened to me was when I told her sister that she put too much mayoniase in the deviled eggs.....Not a good move on my end......

They get it from their mother. She was a real dynamo and they are all Texas girls. I think that explains everything......
So, I'm not going near the microwave anytime soon......but.......Is marriage a contact sport?

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

i guarantee you that mishap was a blessing in disguise for the mrs

a bowl of beans explosion in the micro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being jarred awake @ 3 AM by a dutch oven from hell

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 7:20PM

@galaxy27 said:

a bowl of beans explosion in the micro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being jarred awake @ 3 AM by a dutch oven from hell

Please Galectico645 do tell us more about the explosion!..... Oh, and by the way......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant, her mean sister, and her mom are all proud "Duchies."...... HELP!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@galaxy27 said:

Please Galectico645 do tell us more about the explosion!..... Oh, and by the way......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant, her mean sister, and her mom are all proud "Duchies."...... HELP!

You just be careful if you start messing around with dutch ovens, they can malfunction and backfire!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a microwave incident a while back which I believe mentioned here. And my wife said I was to blame for it.

My son went to cook some microwavable something in the microwave. He was supposed to add water. He didn't.

It was only the two of us at home.

When my wife came home, the entire house reeked of smoke and the inside of the microwave was a permanent yellow.

It was my fault.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 8:56AM

@Hydrant I've been married to the extremely intelligent, beautiful, and Brazilian Mrs. thisistheshow for 22 years now. Marriage is a blessing from God.

Edited to add: but the microwave incident (of which we no longer speak) was my fault...

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 9:17AM

@Hydrant said:

They get it from their mother. She was a real dynamo and they are all Texas girls. I think that explains everything......

@Hydrant I forgot to mention that the Mrs and I have spent the last 16 of our 22 years together living in Texas , ...and my Mother in Law lives with us .... So my point is..I smell what you're* cookin' (but hopefully not in the microwave). 🤣🙏❤️

*Edited for grammar

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

extremely intelligent, beautiful, and Brazilian Mrs. thisistheshow

no way. not you too

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 4:17PM

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant I forgot to mention that the Mrs and I have spent the last 16 of our 22 years together living in Texas , ...and my Mother in Law lives with us ....

Well, Showtime, I'm really happy for you and the wife. Texas and all.....So, you got me to thinking so I pulled out the old family photo album looking for the Texas gals in the old familia......results?

Well, a least we got one keeper!

• Options

You guys are hilarious....

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 4:07PM

@thisistheshow said:

That's what makes this place so much fun.......no football?.....gotta' keep it going somehow! Thanks are due to the moderator , AFC Guy?, for letting us horse around so much......other wise, Dragon Master, Galaxy Explorer 742, and yours truly would have be banned long ago!.......Thanks Mr. Moderator!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

That's what makes this place so much fun.......no football?.....gotta' keep it going somehow! Thanks are due to the moderator , AFC Guy?, for letting us horse around so much......other wise, Dragon Master, Galaxy Explorer 742, and yours truly would have be banned long ago!.......Thanks Mr. Moderator!

Todd thankfully gives us plenty of much-appreciated leeway, but I bet he could do without the "eye candy". 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

I take that you agree with me! 😂

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 9:33PM

@doubledragon said:
    If you have a microwave accident and your microwave is no longer useable, do not throw it away, just list it on ebay and a redneck will buy it, they use them for mailboxes.

Hey, Dragon Master......who gave you that old photo of me?.....I want to know......by the way, that truck?.....it's my '76 Chevy Silverado... the one Tom Brady made me wreck.......Remember that post???......It's o.k. though....... the neighbor just came over tonight and we got it humming like a top.....purring like a kitten......2 six packs later.....Who gave you that picture?!

P.S. Actually, The Lovely Mrs Hydrant has been busy today painting, installing new anchor screws, and putting those little peel off letter/number stickers on our mailbox. She likes everything just perfect........ It's her official " Tribute to Terry" mailbox.....Sick.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said
    P.S. Actually, The Lovely Mrs Hydrant has been busy today painting, installing new anchor screws, and putting those little peel off letter/number stickers on our mailbox. She likes everything just perfect........ It's her official " Tribute to Terry" mailbox.....Sick.

Hope she didn't put a logo on the left side of that helmet :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

May be a contact sport, but for many it's a contract (prenup) "sport". :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".