Home Sports Talk
Options

We can all be dreamers can't we?

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 16, 2022 7:20PM in Sports Talk

Russell Wilson sure is.........

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33520835/russell-wilson-says-denver-broncos-perfect-fit-deal-seattle-seahawks-becomes-official

"My goal is to play 10 or 12 more years and hopefully win three, four more Super Bowls, that's the plan,'' Wilson said. "That's the mindset. That's why I came here, to finish my career here and hopefully finish on top as a champion. And do it multiple times.''

You go Russ! :D

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

My initial reaction to his statement was one of surprise. It just didn't feel right. I think he had a poor choice of words.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

In his division alone,
    Patrick Mahomes
    Derek Carr
    Justin Herbert

If the Broncos make it out of their division it will be a miracle. 3 or 4 Super Bowls? You’re right everyone has the right to dream.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s lip service to Bronco Country but only in regards to him saying it, I’m sure he would love to win that much and it’s the right attitude so good on him.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2022 6:43PM

Some of us feel lucky that Wilson only has one ring

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Some of us feel lucky that Wilson only has one ring

m

I’m thankful 😂😂😂

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2022 11:16AM

Denver. High altitude. Lack of oxygen. It's affecting his brain.

• Options
    edited March 20, 2022 12:24PM

Wilson or no Wilson, the Broncos will be in last place in the AFC West at the end of next season. Just like the Seahawks last season. Wilson has passed his prime. Stick a fork in it.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Elway hoping for a repeat of their success with Manning hoping a veteran QB puts them over the top?
    I seriously doubt this defense is anywhere near their SB winning team.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he should worry about SB #2 before worrying about 3,4 etc.

does he really plan on playing till 45?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Elway should have bought Watson over Wilson

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

already a dumpster fire in Denver

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    already a dumpster fire in Denver

Russell should have been living in the stadium like Baker. This never happened in Cleveland on Mayfield's watch

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

FYI I'm going to make a wager on Wilson for MVP this year

m

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    FYI I'm going to make a wager on Wilson for MVP this year

m

i.e., that he won't get a vote? That would be good wager..............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

No love for the Mac Attack...

Go PATS!

• Options
    edited March 25, 2022 4:06PM

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing till 45, winning 5+ Super Bowls…these guys think that just because Tom can do it, anyone can!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would make a wager that Aaron Rodgers wins the MVP again, but I just can't bet on a guy who wears his hair in a man-bun. Besides, everybody knows Rodgers copied the man-bun from Peyton Manning.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wilson was just tapping into his Inner LeBron............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Is Elway hoping for a repeat of their success with Manning hoping a veteran QB puts them over the top?

Ironically, when they finally did win, he was the worst QB to ever win one (9 TDs, 17 INTs).