Home Sports Talk

Von Miller is heading to Buffalo

erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 16, 2022 4:32PM in Sports Talk

Great pickup by the Bills. He's signing a 6yr/120M w/52M guaranteed. The Bills also signed TE OJ Howard too.

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spotrac
    @spotrac
    On his previous 6 year contract, Von Miller got $70M guaranteed, $42M at signing.

His 6 year contract with the #Bills contains $52M guaranteed, $32M fully guaranteed at signing.

It appears to be a 3 years, $53M deal for practical purposes.

Miller is the first defensive player ever to sign two contracts worth 100M.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2022 4:46PM

Well, that wrecks the Rams for next year......and if Seattle signs Watson, the NFC West belongs to the Seahawks for a long time.....the Bills are getting the key to the Rams defense and the Seahawks would be getting a superstar/roll model for the younger players and kids who follow the game. Win/Win!!... Oh well, I like the Bills......Josh Allen is awesome....... Look for the Bills to be in the next Super Bowl!....

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like too much dough for Miller. I wasn't overwhelmed by his play last year. He was fine but not great. Watson isn't interested in Seattle according to him. Not sure why. He says it's down to Carolina and NO. Maybe just maybe Atlanta .

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like the Bills are just getting better. I think they are the cream of the AFC.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pickup for that Bills defense. And now, a live look at 2dueces...

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^that is officially the best thing i have seen all day

thanks DD!!

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    ^^^^^^^^that is officially the best thing i have seen all day

thanks DD!!

You're welcome buddy. ;)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a lot of money but it’s a WIN ASAP attitude in Buffalo

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shaq Lawson also comes back to the Bills. With Miller and Lawson it will be tough to double team both.
    If I’m not mistaken the Bills odds to win the Super Bowl just made them the favorite.
    Doesn’t mean they will but it will be interesting to see the #1 defense improved.
    They also cut Cole Beasley. I think the emergence of McKenzie and Davis has left him the odd man out. Man he was a beast for the Bills and definitely was a main reason the Bills improved so rapidly.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Shaq Lawson also comes back to the Bills. With Miller and Lawson it will be tough to double team both.
    If I’m not mistaken the Bills odds to win the Super Bowl just made them the favorite.
    Doesn’t mean they will but it will be interesting to see the #1 defense improved.
    They also cut Cole Beasley. I think the emergence of McKenzie and Davis has left him the odd man out. Man he was a beast for the Bills and definitely was a main reason the Bills improved so rapidly.

It looks as though your Bills will be the team to beat once again in the AFC East. I'm going to have to get used to this underdog status, apparently. For at least one more year. lol I really liked Cole Beasley here in Dallas. The Cowboys have a special talent of not signing the players they actually should.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo just added RB Duke Johnson to their offense.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo has been very, very busy.
    Funny thing I’ve heard zero signings from the Cowboys. Have I missed it or are they so strapped with the cap that they are standing pat?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.