Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about an auto card

Would this Ray Dandridge card get a grade, or just an auto auth? I ask because of the sticker on the back. We received this via a sweepstakes 30 years ago as it is, so presumably all of these issues have the sticker? Not sure. Does that matter with PSA?

(Please ignore the yellowing from the old holder - it has since been moved to a new, clean saver)

I found an eBay listing of another auto card in the series (in a PSA holder) that was authentic only, but they didn't post a back photo. When I asked if the back of the card had a sticker (to try and confirm that they all had stickers), they didn't give me any useful info & acted like they didn't know what I was talking about :D

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

I don't see a reason why the auto wouldn't get a grade, but you wouldn't want it as it will NOT be a 10 because the signature has either a finger print going through it or some other defect. And I don't think the card needs to be graded either since it's a mass produced card from the junk wax era. If you really want it slabbed just send it for Encapsulation for $25.

• Options
    dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Yeah, the auto itself arrived originally with some lines through it as though it was sitting upside down on a table right after it was signed.

Was just checking if the card would grade at all because of the sticker. I guess I can hold off on this until they drop prices. Thanks!

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA will ignore the original authenticity sticker as far as I know. the old 1994 jeter signature cards sometimes come with them and PSA grades them numerically with or without them.

same thing as if it had a BGS or JSA sticker on it, they are ignored.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

It's really only like a $20 card so I suggest that you save your $$ ..

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

@picklepete said:
    It's really only like a $20 card so I suggest that you save your $$ ..

I was going to suggest the same

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

I really want to get it authenticated & encapsulated, but I can wait for lower prices to return. Thanks for the insight!

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2022 10:24AM

@dmg111 said:
    I really want to get it authenticated & encapsulated, but I can wait for lower prices to return. Thanks for the insight!

You want the auto authenticated or the card authenticated too??? It's ONLY $25 to get the Autograph authenticated and the "Trading Card" encapsulated.... That's not going to get any cheaper!

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

If time really doesn't matter, wait for next spring and send it with the group sub. Raiderguy10 does a sub every year. Trustworthy and usually cost around $10 or so. It'll come back saying "trading card" but if that's ok that's the way to go!