Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Kellogg's Crack info

What is the max grade a 70's Kellogg's card can receive if the surface has a small crack?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Answers

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess 5

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have heard stories of them cracking AFTER being slabbed.

Hey Nathaniel1960, let me go and check mine... :)

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sending one in with a small crack (1/4") and was curious if all else was perfect, what grade I might expect. Paperloss and pinholes garner a max of 1, I'm hopeful the cracked may be treated like a crease and max at a 5.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

The 1970 kellogg's cards are not that expensive in lower grade. I would not grade a cracked card. I would be afraid it would crack like a car windshield and only spread. They do crack and curl easily and a bit tough on grading because of edges. I think the 1970 kellogg's was my first full set that I completed. I have 2FB and 2BB on the registry.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

1973 Kellogg’s is paper. No cracks!

Also for football fans the 1970 Kellogg’s is relatively cheap and loaded with HOFs.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

@ldferg said:
    What is the max grade a 70's Kellogg's card can receive if the surface has a small crack?

What player or number is the card with the crack that you are looking to grade.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to derail, but does PSA grade unseparated sheets of Kellogs cards? I have an unopened 1980 set still in the box, and was thinking of opening and sending in sheets of 3 still attached. Will PSA grade that?