Home Q & A Forum
Options

2018 Quarter PMD?

JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found this 2018 quarter roll hunting. It looks a little strange on the upper left corner above the nose. It looks like it's just PMD and environmental damage, but that one section right by the edge looks a little strange. Also, if I put it a dime in the center, it looks like whatever happened to the quarter,

it looks like it possibly had an object the size of a dime on it and something happened to it. Just wondering if anybody had any idea what is it going on with this quarter. To me it looks like PMD, what are your thoughts.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some type of environmental damage and/or corrosion. I can't see how something like that could be caused by the rolling, blanking, or striking process

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

@Oldhoopster said:

Some type of environmental damage and/or corrosion. I can't see how something like that could be caused by the rolling, blanking, or striking process

I don't disagree at all. Any idea why the circle the size of a dime on the obverse? Any idea on the tear drop spot at the edge?

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe a dime was covering the coin when it was exposed to the environmental damage. The teardrop is just an artifact from the damage. Just my thoughts

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

@Oldhoopster said:
    I believe a dime was covering the coin when it was exposed to the environmental damage. The teardrop is just an artifact from the damage. Just my thoughts

Maybe I'll get some rolls of dimes and start looking for the dime. LOL