Home Sports Talk

Players you didn't like until they ended up on your team

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll start. I hated Bill Lambier when he played for Notre Dame and the Cavs. I learned to love him on the Pistons.

Brett Hull. Not a fan of him with the Blues or Stars. Loved him on my Wings

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy one for me. Deion Sanders. Couldn't stand his brash cocky ways going back to his days at Florida State (I'm a Miami Hurricane), then the 49ers. But in all fairness, he backed it up with his play. I just couldn't stand him. Then once he was a member of my beloved Cowboys I slowly grew to like him through his all world play leading us to one of our Super Bowl wins.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never liked Rajon Rondo at all untill he became a Cleveland Cavalier this year.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

OBJ. The Rams would not be the Super Bowl Champs without him.......he's had an attitude adjustment....for the better.....
    He needed a change of scenery.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve Garvey!

Steve

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    OBJ........he's had an attitude adjustment....

>

Indeed - it's called "Getting out of Cleveland" syndrome.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Danny Ainge.

"Throughout his playing career, Ainge was known as a brash, hard-nosed player who often infuriated opponents."

Hated him at BYU when he showed up at Gill Coliseum and beat the Beavers with alot of animated misbehavior - I will never forget that game and how he was able to disrupt, and thus beat the Beavs who could not cope with him. It was even worse because he grew up in Eugene so there was the Eugene-Corvallis rivalry built in as well.

Hated him even more as a Celtic bc because the Blazers are my team. Then he came to the Blazers during the very sucessful 90-92 seasons and we all liked him - 'native son' and all of that, LOL.

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • AC000000AC000000 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭

Dennis Rodman.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

pedro martinez

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2022 9:17PM

@spacehayduke said:
    Danny Ainge.

"Throughout his playing career, Ainge was known as a brash, hard-nosed player who often infuriated opponents."

Hated him at BYU when he showed up at Gill Coliseum and beat the Beavers with alot of animated misbehavior - I will never forget that game and how he was able to disrupt,.......

Thanks, Spacey,....your post brings back a long forgotten memory. I knew a young lady long ago...A BYU girl. Anyway, she was Danny Ainge's cousin. She was proud of the fact but she said that he was a "BRAT!" when they were kids and that he has never changed!!!!!! WOW!,....I guess you figured him out!.....FUNNY!!!

P.S. I can see her face in my mind,...but can't remember her name....Nice girl. Pretty too! 👩‍