Home Q & A Forum

Interested in Possibly selling an item. First steps??

Greetings. Not sure if this is the right forum to post or not. I have a FIBA Basketball (the funny colored panel ones) from the 2006 FIBA World Championships signed by the entire team (Lebron, Coach K, D-Wade, CP3, Bosh, Anthony, etc...). I personally got it myself at a luncheon with the team so its never been verified, COA, etc...but its definitely real because I was there myself. Is my next step sending it off to get graded or verified? Is that always the preferred method of the sales process? There are several companies out there that do this and I'm not even sure how much it would be worth (this seems to be a question before sending stuff off for verification). Is there a service that could just ball park it for me to see if its worth going through all the hassle to sell it? I'd only want to part with it if its worth more than my own satisfaction of having it (at least mid to high 4). With Lebron about to be the all time leading scorer and Coach K now retired, was just curious what something like this would be worth. I'm positive its extremely rare because there were only a hand full of these balls signed at the lunch.

Any advice in advance is appreciated!

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yokogaijin Welcome to CU. This is the coin and numismatic forum. Sports topics are further down the list. You should cut and paste this in the correct forum. And add some clear close pics. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• @Namvet69 said:
    @Yokogaijin Welcome to CU. This is the coin and numismatic forum. Sports topics are further down the list. You should cut and paste this in the correct forum. And add some clear close pics. Good luck. Peace Roy

Thanks! I will delete and repost!

• Trying to delete the thread but I don't know how.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not possible

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions