Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

This graded 100 note pack of $500 notes is stunning.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall being told by a major US paper money dealer (in the mid-1990's) that the $500 were not rare. He said that if you had the money he could get all that you wanted. Just think of how much the opportunity cost has been since that pack of notes was originally put away.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has the price for having a strap certified been disclosed? I did not see it in the article.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Has the price for having a strap certified been disclosed? I did not see it in the article.

I think it's in this paragraph.
    $60 beyond fees...

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I read it differently the first time.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

This pack originally sold for just under $200K back in 2005.

• Options
    berylberyl Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2022 8:20PM

100 $500 notes = $50,000 face
    Inflation 1969 (last year these notes could have been released) to 2022 = 673.1%
    Inflation adjusted value of notes is $386,534.06.

So from an economic standpoint holding the notes doesn't make sense -- BUT - purely from a visual standpoint would you rather look at these notes or a bank ledger?

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd sure have a nice smile if it was mine, just saying