Home U.S. Coin Forum

Heritage Auction California Fractionals Lots Withdrawn

TiborTibor Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 7, 2022 7:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I was looking at the Heritage, March 21 auction. Most of the Cal. Fractionals have been
withdrawn. Anybody here shed some light on that? @MarkFeld

Comments

  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Perhaps @MarkFeld

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MFeld could shed some light on it had you put Heritage in the title

  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @coinbuf and @djm Thank you for the suggestions.

  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tibor said:
    I was looking at the Heritage, March 21 auction. Most of the Cal. Fractionals have been
    withdrawn. Anybody here shed some light on that? @MarkFeld

    I don’t know about it, but can try to find out. Currently, I see about 20 Cal. fractionals in the sale. How many did you see previously?

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I received the Email from Heritage for their March 21 auction. I went to the
    "Compact View List" and found that a many of the California Fractionals have
    been "Withdrawn". Just curious about the reason.

  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tibor said:
    I received the Email from Heritage for their March 21 auction. I went to the
    "Compact View List" and found that a many of the California Fractionals have
    been "Withdrawn". Just curious about the reason.

    I understand that and will try to find out. But I still have the same question I asked in my earlier reply - “Currently, I see about 20 Cal. fractionals in the sale. How many did you see previously?”

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The fractionals start at Lot# 92922 and run thru Lot# 93037. More than 60
    of them have been "Withdrawn". My information comes from an Email I
    received today at 5:30PM from Heritage.

  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tibor said:
    The fractionals start at Lot# 92922 and run thru Lot# 93037. More than 60
    of them have been "Withdrawn". My information comes from an Email I
    received today at 5:30PM from Heritage.

    Thank you. If I’m able to find out about it, I’ll report back.

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I went back to tthe Email and clicked on the auction title. You are correct that only
    about 20 are listed. Many of the auction lots have been omitted per the the skipped lot numbers.
    I was just going by the compact view listing further down in the Email.

  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tibor said:
    I went back to tthe Email and clicked on the auction title. You are correct that only
    about 20 are listed. Many of the auction lots have been omitted per the the skipped lot numbers.
    I was just going by the compact view listing further down in the Email.

    I have been told that the coins will be in this 2022 April 18 California Fractional Gold US Coins Showcase Auction #60256:
    https://coins.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=3183+792+4294940020

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for the information. Just seemed unusual to have so many "Lot Withdrawn " in one auction.

  • calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

    thank you !

    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

    Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

    successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file