Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How to have PSA Auction Prices Realized recognized for a card when it is not showing up?

I have been buying some PSA cards recently and their website has been helpful, especially being able to see the price history of a card at a certain grade. I am not sure how this feature works or where they get the info from but it seems to indicate it is updated daily.

I recently purchased a card on eBay and the auction that I participated in is not showing up on the card's page. It has been over a week since this purchase went through and it has already been delivered. I was hoping that the auction would show up in the price history of the card. Normally I would not care about this as I do not break too far from trend but the card and auction in question is a population 1 with no history so I would like to have it recorded so it would be the start of price information. Maybe this lack of info is how it slipped under the radar to begin with.

Auction in question: https://www.ebay.com/itm/294824674545
Cert page: https://www.psacard.com/cert/56047975
APR: https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/tcg-cards/2007-pokemon-pop-series-6/99274#g=10 you should be able to find a link to all the auctions for that card by clicking "Pachirisu" but there is no link because it doesn't recognize the auction

Does anyone know if there is something I need to do to have this recognized? Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2022 3:38PM

Since you only paid $40, I think you are better off with it not listed. The APR is only really a useful tool when there are sales within the last 90 days, otherwise the present day demand and value may not be representative of what is now showing as historical prices (90day +).

• Options

Hmmm that is an interesting thought. I do not intend to flip it and I doubt there are going to be many submissions for that card since its common and not worth that much even at perfect 10 so I guess that makes sense

• Options
    hemicudahemicuda Posts: 29 ✭✭

Why would the PSA remove this from sold prises realized which is bona fide I know because I sold it. Anyone?

garno PSA

red-bat66 e-Bay
  • Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 400 ✭✭✭

The only way they can maintain that price guide is through automation. Or tons of manpower, I guess. The listing above isn't likely to be caught by any bot searching for information. It doesn't have a title that contains keywords that a bot would trigger on. I'm only guessing. But, I really don't see any other way they could do it.

• Options

The bot found it in 2019 and the bot deleted it in 2022……..

garno PSA

red-bat66 e-Bay
  • Options

Interesting, I doubt they have a bot that deletes data from their database randomly. I also doubt they searched out this card specifically and deleted data.

• Options

Hmmmm yes it is odd. Hey ho

garno PSA

red-bat66 e-Bay
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

@CardGeek said:
    Interesting, I doubt they have a bot that deletes data from their database randomly. I also doubt they searched out this card specifically and deleted data.

Perhaps PSA’s AI has awakened and is doing it’s own thing these days.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

I bet the ai bot thing will miss this one……Batman prices are actually selling for ridiculous prices. Must be investor led and a bubble!

garno PSA

red-bat66 e-Bay
  • Options

I looked. They don't delete old data. I only glanced at some Hank Aaron stuff. I saw data from 2008.

They might have a function that ignores data that is too far above or below average. This listing is quite a bit higher than the number they show.

They might have changed the way they search their database when you ask it a question.

• Options

That’s another idea. Maybe best if I ask customer services

garno PSA

red-bat66 e-Bay