Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Brought two straps of $2 notes

One of the straps.... So close but yet so far lol

Comments

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

The strap on the left is indicating a broken ladder for the SN. Great find!

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@hvellente said:
    I love the two-dollar notes. Classic design, usually available in crisp uncirculated condition with consecutive numbers straight from the bank. I hand them out to kids at Christmas or Halloween. Buy a few small items here and there with them. Most people love seeing them. Every once in awhile a cashier complains "what am I supposed to do with this?" But mostly they go down a treat.

How about you @luckyrollers ? Any plans? Do you hoard them? Spend them? Sell them?

I usually keep the one I want and return the rest to the bank.
    Sometimes i would spend them and the cashiers usually do a double take on the two dollar notes.

• Options

@air4mdc said:

Yeah it is a good find.
    I don't usually keep "broken ladders" but this one is the best one I ever got.

Usually the broken ladders are all scattered but this one has only TWO numbers that IF they were the swap places, it would be a great ladder note,......

on to the search!!! :smiley:

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Broken Ladder” is a description primarily used on eBay and paper money forums for serial numbers that otherwise would have no collector value. They fit the same narrative as a “Partial Ladder”.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Getting close Vince. Keep at it (you're bound to score something eventually). Good luck!

• Options

@Serial_no_8 said:
    Getting close Vince. Keep at it (you're bound to score something eventually). Good luck!

Thanks James! :smile:

I hope so soon too!!

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

@luckyrollers said:

@air4mdc said:

Yeah it is a good find.
    I don't usually keep "broken ladders" but this one is the best one I ever got.

Usually the broken ladders are all scattered but this one has only TWO numbers that IF they were the swap places, it would be a great ladder note,......

on to the search!!! :smiley:

Me bad, the strap on the right has the broken ladder indicated. The broken ladder might bring a small premium.