Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody Into Small Size Capped Bust Quarters by Browning variety?

maltmanmaltman Posts: 9
edited March 6, 2022 9:18PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I recently finished a complete set, slabbed, except for the 1837 b-6 of course. It took about three years. The only details coin is the 1836 B-5 (VF) and now Im upgrading the only 5 coins that are under VF. Anyone else into this? I've got some that can go and need a few upgrades..
Would love to hear about anyone else who is doing this!!
Thanks!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maltman said:
    I recently finished a complete set, slabbed, except for the 1837 b-6 of course. It took about three years. The only details coin is the 1836 B-5 (VF) and now Im upgrading the only 5 coins that are under VF. Anyone else into this? I've got some that can go and need a few upgrades..
    Would love to hear about anyone else who is doing this!!
    Thanks!!

Finally made your first post here. I see you've actually been a member since June of 2019. I own a little of pretty much everything but not these.

US. Buy, Sell & Trade - U.S. Coins link to the right is a great place to buy and sell things. There are members with specific interests in every facet of the hobby. Good luck in your search.

Mark

• Options
    NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you’ve assembled a great set! I collect capped bust quarters, though I’m further along with the 1815-1828 quarters (21 out of 40 die marriages) than the 1831-1838 quarters (11 out of 36 die marriages).

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke has a beautiful set of capped bust quarters, certainly the best assemblage of choice original toners that I’ve seen. I’m sure he could exchange some thoughts with you.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the shout out Walkerguy21D. I've got 27 die marriages (and many duplicates) in the small cap bust quarters. I am mostly looking for 45, 58 and low MS grades with super eye appeal that meet CAC expectations and mine. Always looking for additional ones, but I am out of the mode of collecting solely for the reason of die marriages. If you had high quality images I would certainly be open to having a serious look.

Here is what I have:

1831 - B1-6
    1832 - B1,2
    1833 - B1,2
    1834 - B1-5
    1835 - B1,3,6,7,8
    1836 - B2,3,4
    1837 - B2,4,5
    1838 - B1

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am focused on assembling the set of Draped Bust quarters, but always interested in the Browning die pairs of small size Bust quarters.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great series and I love them. There are alot of cool looking small sized CB quarters but really tough finding them.

Easton Collection
  • Options
    maltmanmaltman Posts: 9
    edited March 9, 2022 11:42PM

Hey Thanks Easton for the link to here. Ive seen spacehayduke's collection. Serious business. Im just photographing mine and getting things updated. Its at NGC's custom sets under maltman. Heres my 1834 B-5, one of my favorites.

• Options

My capped bust quarter variety collection is here if anybody wants to look!!

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=28607

Looking for some upgrades and have some vf20-25's for sale....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file